Wood Pen Blank Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I have a friend looking for a pen to be made but he has to be difficult. He wants it from something that is ultra rare. I don't have a clue please let me know what you guys think after all you are the only people that I know who know this kind of stuff.

Thanks Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Re: Wood Question

Unobtanium. :)

It's a joke, but also a bump and suggestion. There is another thread active with the same title. If I were you I would Edit, then go advanced and change the title to "rarest wood for a pen?" or something similar.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member

IPE makes a beautiful pen. It is normally used for very expensive decks. It has the same fire rating as concrete and steel. Is hard as a brick and sinks in water.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Pink Ivory or Gabon Ebony. But if you don't know rare woods, chances are your friend doesn't either. So turn him anything and tell him it's rare.
"This pen is turned from a rare form of African Treewood, it's only is found in the outer portions of the tree, which only grows in a 10 sq. mile area of Africa at elevations 500' above sea level" :wwink:
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull-hocky :cool:

Dave:)

Dogwood burl or snakewood....would be my suggestion also have some burled Hond rosewood soon...

Also Koa Burl or Cinnamon burl....my rarest is sugar cane burl.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Sweetgum balls! :gar-La;
Black & white Ebony makes a nice pen, as does Padauk. I usually browse through the $2/pound bin at Woodcraft for something with character. You can cut a lotta pen blanks out of some of those bowl blanks & such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS