Won the Blum Minipress Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
All,

Appears that I'm the new owner of a Blum Minipress :eusa_danc, thanks to Phil Ashley of ExFactory.com's post on this forum:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4379

I look forward to getting this machine in the garage, and making some cabinets. Anyone familiar with running these things? :eusa_thin I have to admit, I don't know much about using them.

Hopefully it's good to go with a small tune-up.

Now I need to figure out how to get it home to Cary... looks like a road trip is in my future.

/Turtlewood

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Sounds like congrats are in order!!

I must admit that I don't have a clue what that machine does. :eusa_thin Maybe you could write a review (with pics - no pics, didn't happen!) after you get her moved into her new home!

Chuck

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score, Turtlewood:eusa_clap ! Like Chuck, I too would like to learn more about it's uses:eusa_thin . Looking forward to hearing more about it.
Take care,

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet, I think that will bore the 35mm cup hole and mounting screw pilot holes for Blum hinges in one swoop. It might also be able to be converted to a small line boring machine for the 32 mm cabinet system. Nice score.

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Ah, it's not important what actually does! What's important is that it's a TOOL! And now it's YOUR tool!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_clap Congrats on the score!

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've seen them and played with them. They are great if you do frameless cabinets and use blue hinges. You can bore your holes on 32mm which double as shelf pin holes and mounting holes for your hinge plates.

Congrats. When I was in the cabinet biz thinking that was the way to pay for the shop I thought about getting one.

John

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congrats on the new acquistion Turtlewood. I clueless as to what it does . . . but Woodguy doesn't have one :lol:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors