Wixey Digital Readout on Delta Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I know I am not the smartest cookie in the world but have a problem with mounting the Wixey Electronic Digital Readout Model WR500 to my 12.5 Portable Planer (Model TP305). It seem like this Wixey Model will fit the Delta 22-580 13" Planer. I would have to pick a weekend to try and mount this when the company is closed for the weekend. Does anyone have the Model I have and if so do you have the Wixey mounted on it? Need Help! Terry:bduh: :icon_scra :5help:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I just installed a Wixey on my Performax. I will say it can be somewhat challenging. The parts included are so so and you may need to buy some angle or straight aluminum or steel to get it to work out right. Having a tap and die set is a plus as well. Just so you know, in case you didn't, if your table moves up and down instead of the cutter head, attach the readout so it is stationary and the ruler so that it goes up and down.

HTH and good luck.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Finally got it mounted thanks to Jim Murphy and Travis Porter. Thanks for the help and Travis When I get rerady to mount on my Drum Sander may need your assistance. Again Thanks for the help it works like a champ. Terry:eusa_clap :icon_thum :5sigh: :5thanks:

dozer

Mike
I also have the 12.5" planer Terry let me know how it works and if you like it. I have been thinking about getting one myself.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I also have the 12.5" planer Terry let me know how it works and if you like it. I have been thinking about getting one myself.

Works Great but you may have to put a plate at the bottom for the adjustment screw which I did. Glad to get it mounted and working. But The directions are useless. I will take a picture of it so you can see, also check gallery Terry

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Once you get it install it is amazing how simplistic it is. It took me 3 hours and 3 extra holes before I figured it out.

Looks good. It is a sweet addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors