Wide Blade Attachment for WS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
At last!
I emailed them before purchasing my WS3000. I asked for comments about potential for such an add on or new model. Of course, they had nothing to say. :cool:

OK, who will be the first to try it????
I am anxious to hear/read a review :mrgreen:

Roger

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Well . . . I stopped by Klingspor to pick up some sandpaper and discovered they just received the Wide blade attachment on Tuesday. . . and you know the rest.

This is what you get (plus a couple of pins for the angle guide and allen wrenches)
ws_table.jpg

Here's how it sits on the machine:
ws1.jpg

Simple to use and very well made. The aluminum table sits in the existing tool rest slots and has 4 leveling screws to get it exactly even with the table and flat. To use: Place the blade in the guide and put the pin in the hole corresponding to your angle of choice. The blade guide slips into a slot in the angle thing and you extend the blade so that it touches the pin. That's it. If you want a micro bevel you just turn the pin 180 and reset the blade. They don't mention it but the aluminum table is a great heat sink. Just place the blade flat on the table and it sucks the heat right out.

Bottom line: I like it and would recommend it :icon_thum

pete

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks pretty spiffy Pete! Not quite as useful as the LV honing guide, but pretty darn good. I wonder how easy it would be to just build a table and use a conventional jig to hold it at the right angle.

Yes, I'm cheap. Especially since I only have one wide blade :)

M

McRabbet

Hmmm. I hope that I can get one at the Klingspor Show -- I'll bring the plane iron for my 607 Bedrock and fix the skewed bevel on it! I'll be doing demos of my WS 3000 on Saturday, so if anyone wants to bring their dull chisels or plane blades, I can take a crack at them...

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
That's a welcome addition to the Worksharp. Looks like it's built really well, which is always nice. It's pricey, but if you already have a Worksharp and no other method to sharpen a plane iron, I guess it's worth taking the plunge to get this good attachment.

I still haven't taken the plunge on the Worksharp ... but maybe I'll walk away with Robs at the show! j/k

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
"a jig that's clearly the shop equivalent of the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything…"
Gotta love those crazy Canadians at Lee Valley:wsmile:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
That's a welcome addition to the Worksharp. Looks like it's built really well, which is always nice. It's pricey . . .

List is $84.95. Klingspor has it for $79.95. Minus NCWW discount of $7.99.
Cost $71.96

The Veritas Mk II, which is similar, but obviously doesn't include the aluminum table, is $58.99. So I don't think the price is out of line. And it's still a lot less than a Tormek.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS