Who did it and how did you handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In some thread, rcorne01 gave the classic answer of "seach" for it. Clay posted a linlink to the correct thread. Thank you.

This morning rcorne01 post has either disappeared or was edited. I assume one of you did something. Thanks. How did you handle it and how did rcorne01 react.

Learning experience for all of us.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Not me but I think it's good to stay on top of that. I don't spend much time on Woodnet and others because of the "friendly tone".

clowman

Clay Lowman
I didn't see that Rick's post was deleted.. I did see a post made by DaveO, deleted by DaveO though...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nope, I didn't do it. I deleated one of my posts 'cause I couldn't get the link to work so it was worthless. Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I understand how and why we want to provide pointers for folks to answer their questions but I would like to know how to do it so it looks more professional. The only way I know of doing it is to find the link and then cut and paste it into my response. I would like to learn how to create a one or two word hyperlink (I think that is the term) that captures the link I am trying to send.

Example, how do I make the first comment look like the second one where the work "here" opens the link.

"Look at this link http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/s...=5534#post5534 to help answer your question."

"Look here to help answer your question."

See what happens when you hire a talented computer idiot to be a moderator.:lol:

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
DL

Just type the words you want to be a hyperlink ( yes, that's what it's called ) and then highlight the words you want highlighted, and press the link button that is in the text editing buttons. It looks like a little globe with a chain link in front of it. A window will pop up, and then just paste your link in there, or type it in. I could have sworn I did a faq on this, but dang if I can find it. Maybe it was Insom that did it. The button directly to the right of the world, the one that looks like a chain link with a red x through it removes the hyperlink.

Example Link to Yahoo

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks Clay, so let me see if I got this right.

Look at the jig I made.

Cool, it works. You da man Clay:icon_thum

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
Nothing to it. You can post thumbnails pictures as well that link to larger pictures. Well... I can't, but Insom has written a beautiful faq on posting pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS