Where can we post patterns for scroll work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Was wondering if there was a place we could post scroll saw patterns? These are patterns I make myself! & I would allow everyone who is a part of NCWWer to use them! Also if anyone has a request for patterns of family members I'd be more than willing to help out & see what I can do alot of pictures don't work for patterns but theres those few that work great ( alot of contrast in the photo helps!) Also I'd be more than willing to help out with a tutorial on how to make patterns using various programs such as Photoshop (expensive) Or Inkscape (Free or open source)! So if this is a thread we can start up or if its already somewhere & I just cant find it please let me know!
Oh by the way I've already claimed the Dark Side In less than a month I get my shop smith & the first thing I'm gona do is start turning out pens!:kamahlitu

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jonathan, you can either post them in this thread or Forum or you can make them as downloads and put them in the Download Library. You better get them out quick, as once you start turning pens you will be quite busy for a while. It's even more addictive than scrolling, and faster too.
Dave:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Welcome, good to see another pattern designer in the group, and another portrait designer as well :eusa_danc
I use PSP7 myself but have been playing with Inkscape and GIMP, perhaps I'll take you up on the offer of some tips . Primarily I would like to use Inkscape to help smooth out my lines when I am finished working in PSP. I do a lot of hand drawing with a graphics pad on my patterns and I've heard that Inkscape can be used to smooth the lines afterwards
There are some really good scrollers in this group who do real nice work :eusa_clap
I'm sure you'll hear from them sooner or later
Again, welcome :mrgreen:

PS, got some real nice 1/4" BB ply that can be had real cheap :thumbs_up
PM me if interested

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Jonathan. I have PSP9 myself. So far I have not been successful in designing my own pattern. Can't seem to find the time to sit down for a few straight hours and really learn it. So any help and advice would be great.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Hey I love teaching people how to make patterns fast & easy!!! the free way! plus my instructions are very easy to follow! you don't have to be a computer whiz! so just drop me a Private message when you want to meet in the chat room & I'll [STRIKE]guide[/STRIKE] Glide you thru the steps!!!:gar-La;

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Oh here I wanted to share a pattern with you guys that I made

newwave.gif

cskipper

Cathy
Cool pattern. I've wanted to learn to make patterns, but my available time is so limited that I haven't tried. I also haven't wanted to purchase any software, and haven't to learn to use inkscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors