What are you working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I love this time of year. It starts to get cold and everyone starts spending more time in the shop and working on Christmas presents. So what are you all working on? :dontknow:

I'm almost done with this cutting board. It's walnut and maple. Still need to sand it and put a little roundover on the edge.

noname.jpg

After that, a few bowls, and probably another cutting board or two. I'd like to do a few pens, but I'm not set up to do those right now. I have no idea what I need to do those and don't know if I'll have time to order the stuff and have it shipped. :dontknow:

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Beautiful...I'm curious:eusa_thin...what do you plan on finishing it with and what did you use for glue?

Zach

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Beautiful...I'm curious:eusa_thin...what do you plan on finishing it with and what did you use for glue?

Zach

Zach,

I was going to finish it with butcher block oil, since I have some in the shop already. For glue, I used Titebond III. Probably going to take it to the local hardwood place and get them to run it through their widebelt sander a time or two, then sand the whole thing up to about 600 or so. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My beer gut err...turning muscle. Seriously I have given away so many wooden gifts that none of my usual victims have any needs. Although if the inspiration strikes I might make my Dad a valet box for his dresser.

Dave:)

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Me Im cooking some eggrolls I made and doing some scroll work for a fellow member. Nice cutting board btw.

Thanks Mark

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
My beer gut err...turning muscle. Seriously I have given away so many wooden gifts that none of my usual victims have any needs. Although if the inspiration strikes I might make my Dad a valet box for his dresser.

Dave:)

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: Dave, at least you're working out your turning muscle and getting it ready for the next string of bowls. :gar-La;

Dragon

New User
David
Too many projects to list. Trying to build a router sled so I can work on and finish up some of my log tables, cutting down more table blanks, cleaning off my workbenches so I can actually get TO them to do some work, etc., etc.:BangHead: Hey, did I just create a new woodworking term? Table Blanks. Sounds cool, I like it.:gar-Bi

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I have three lap desks, 4 cutting boards, and one end table going right now.

I need more clamps; many, many more clamps...

lottathought

New User
Michael
I have an assembly line of PO Box door banks starting to line up. :banana::eusa_danc:banana:

And I too need more clamps.....Lots of clamps

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
a few things but I aint sayin till the 26th.:gar-Bi [wifey reads here and the kids look too]:wink_smil

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I'm starting on a pair of cabinets for our family room that needs to be done by March. They'll have 2 large drawers at the bottom with door revealing small drawers and a few shelves (think smallish Armoir) in a craftsmanish style. Couldn't find plans I liked, so I drew up my own. Fingers crossed :)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Shop cabinets, rocking chairs, laptop desks, Chinese puzzles, and cleaning up my messy shop. Oh yeah, and declaring WAR on mice!
:rotflm:

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I'm trying to make a small side table, sort of like a candlestick table or cigarette table. Only I don't have a lathe so I'm making the middle part a long hexagon with a square hole in the middle for the adjustable post. Hmm, it will make more sense once I have some pictures to post.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I am working "lockers" for the garage. They are finished and ready to be screwed to the walls. Still need to build doors but that will have to wait until I rebuild my router table, which has to wait until I rebuild my crosscut sled :(. There are 4 of these, one for each kid. Birch ply and maple face(less?) frame:

Also working on some "sawmillcreek" style cutting boards (walnut from Jack in Rolesville and maple):

Rob

New User
Rob
Pens, pens, and more pens. Christmas orders at work. Some key chains, bowls, that's about it.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Have some Bowls I am working on, Cleaning up the shop for sure, Putting the other two floor cabinets together and three upper matching shelves above the cabinet 7" deep.

And thinking I want to try making a cutting board or two and use up the scrap pieces I have got from Earl and DaveO.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
This year, doing something totally different. Something I've always wanted to do:

ScottM and I are making TOYS FOR TOTS (thru TWA Triangle Woodworkers' Assoc).

They are 2 dozen 3 piece wooden vehicles, with wheels,axles, and even a trailer!

Pics are forthcoming.

I've always tried to do something each year, donate food, passout out food, donate money!

but, to give something I've made with my own two mitts, is unique and intimate!

Hopefully will put a smile on some young tot (s) face!

Matt

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I'm trying to make a small side table, sort of like a candlestick table or cigarette table. Only I don't have a lathe so I'm making the middle part a long hexagon with a square hole in the middle for the adjustable post. Hmm, it will make more sense once I have some pictures to post.

That sounds really cool Peter. Looking forward to seeing it. :icon_thum

This year, doing something totally different. Something I've always wanted to do:

ScottM and I are making TOYS FOR TOTS (thru TWA Triangle Woodworkers' Assoc).

They are 2 dozen 3 piece wooden vehicles, with wheels,axles, and even a trailer!

Pics are forthcoming.

I've always tried to do something each year, donate food, passout out food, donate money!

but, to give something I've made with my own two mitts, is unique and intimate!

Hopefully will put a smile on some young tot (s) face!

Probably the best post yet. That's a great gesture fellas. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I am working "lockers" for the garage. They are finished and ready to be screwed to the walls. Still need to build doors but that will have to wait until I rebuild my router table, which has to wait until I rebuild my crosscut sled :(. There are 4 of these, one for each kid. Birch ply and maple face(less?) frame:

Also working on some "sawmillcreek" style cutting boards (walnut from Jack in Rolesville and maple):

Those cutting boards are BEAUTIFUL! :eek: :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS