What are you working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm building my first real cabinet. I have the face frame done and starting on the 4 doors, then will build the carcass. That's probably backwards but I don't know better. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

So, what are you doing?

I haven't seen many WIP lately.

If you don't want to do pics just tell us what you are building or planning.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Well, I just finished up the workbench and the rocking chair ... and this weekend I'm going to build the wedding gift card box for my sister's wedding.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am still working on my planer :-(. I have a bunch of new toyls (go figure), that I ned to get going, and gloating on, but haven't had a chance.

I want to get back to working on rocking chairs with Doug R, but I haven't been able to schedule or plan anything for a few weeks. Hopefully, that changes next week!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've been working on a small shop deck and ramp.

Posted some pics in my gallery. Still working on the ramp, its that whole "angles" thing that keeps my head hurting!

P10100432.JPG

View image in gallery

Jim

timf67

New User
Tim
We are putting an addition on our house, so my shop became the storage area for displaced furniture!:gar-Cr anyway, the good news is that in about 3 months when this mess is over with my shop will be twice its original size after I inherit the old laundry room in the basement (along with its 220V outlet!!! :icon_cheers) So no projects for me other than possibly trying my hand at turning after picking up Phil Ashley's old lathe a few weeks ago...

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
In about 24 hours, I'll finally be finished with the nightstand that I started over a year ago. :rotflm: Pics coming soon. Other than that, I've been hanging pictures and getting everything setup in Christy's and my new place. Pics coming soon on that as well. :icon_thum

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Here's the prototype of my "Rocker #2"
1:4_Left.JPG

I've started a version in Sapele but have been hijacked to fix some cracked plaster in the living room, paint said living room along with the entry, dining room, kitchen and pantry. :confused_ To much fun . . .

pete

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Working on my bench, and also a craftsman toolbox. They are all taking way to long due to the fact that my unit is getting ready to deploy to Iraq (again :5sigh: ) and that I don't have a shop because of PCS'ing to Germany. But I look at the bright side, I am forced to work a lot more with hand tools in the limited space I have and I am gaining/reacquiring hand tool fundamentals. I will post some pics when I get time.

striker

Stephen
Corporate Member
I'm starting a Thos. Seymour writing Desk. I bought the plans from Rob Millard some time ago and started gathering the materials which is provng to be a chore in of itself. So far I've made the bandings...getting ready to jump in with both feet though.

sey-tam-2.jpg

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
Been working on a kitchen bench to match the table I completed last month. In between, rigging up a router table as well. Pictures coming.

Dan

thrytis

New User
Eric
Changing table. I started it over four years ago, got the layout and a bunch of cutting done, but then my daughter arrived a month early and i haven't touched it since. Hopefully this next one is more cooperative and lets me finish before he arrives. :)

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Me Im turning my shop vac into a low velocity dust collector, and building an airscrubber at the same time.

Mark

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Finally I have been able to make a trip over to the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville and buy the 12/4 cherry I need for some cabriole legs. I am making a Queen Anne lowboy for my daughter. I am looking forward to the project even knowing that I will have to gain some new skills to do it right. I will photo the progress.

nelsone

New User
Ed
No real projects, just piddling with some ideas! Mostly some handyman projects around the house. I want to get started on a chair I want to make, but I can't allocate the time right now!

I've started a version in Sapele but have been hijacked to fix some cracked plaster in the living room, paint said living room along with the entry, dining room, kitchen and pantry. :confused_ To much fun . . .

pete

Pete, That looks like it will be a great project! I can't wait to see it come together!

I'm starting a Thos. Seymour writing Desk. I bought the plans from Rob Millard some time ago and started gathering the materials which is provng to be a chore in of itself. So far I've made the bandings...getting ready to jump in with both feet though.

sey-tam-2.jpg

This looks like an exquisit project! I love Federal furniture!!! Please post project pics as you wirk on it!

jamie

jamie
Senior User

pete

I think that it is pretty funny that the prototypes some of you do look better than my projects...

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I am finishing up a small commission - replacing the nasty plywood companionway hatch on a small sailboat with one I made from solid mahogany. I am about done putting a multi-coat varnish finish on it. The finish schedule calls for four primer coats thinned to 50%, 25%, 15%, 5% , followed by another four coats at full strength! yikes. This stuff is fairly thick even at 25% thinned, so I may stop at one full strength coat. Boy, did I under-price this job! :BangHead:

Once that is done I can get back to working on my WW bench.

I also continue to work with a company on my "thing" We are getting close to a final design and licensing agreement! :eusa_danc

I also sent one of my high dust alarms and a short article about it to the WW mag that is publishing my assembly table articles. They are installing it on their Oneida cyclone. Hopefully they will pay me for the article (and unit :wsmile:). Also, my brother and I are really close to a final design for a totally new, non-DIY, commercial unit.

Oh, and I am getting the Hobie ready for sea trials! It needs some minor work and I need to replace the rusty hinges on the 'Storpedo.' I might get her wet later this week!

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Wall cabinets for the shop, a bandsaw tuneup, a wedding book box for my son and DIL, installing the Wixey TS DRO I tried to sell and anything LOML thinks of. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
I'm working on a small table/stand to put by the back sliding door. Been occupied with a now 4 1/2 month old. I started the table about a month ago and I'm in the final assembly stage so it's not as long as the changing table took. Pics will follow the completion.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS