What an amateur can do on rainny Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nothing fancy but I practiced my turning skills today. The flat dish was a piece of elm I had. The bowl was a piece of maple I had gotten from WOODMAN2K as part of a trade. Finish on both are BLO and Wood Turner's Finish.

rainny_day_turning.jpg

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Scott,

Those pieces are really sweet. Almost makes me want to put on my sunglasses and go to the dark side.:gar-Bi So much to learn ... so little time.

Ernie

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice work Scott, I do believe that you have graduated from just amateur status to at least intermediate :cool:

Dave:)

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Scott,
some nice turning there,you sure did that maple some serious justice.I like that Behlen's myself,looks like a bowling ball when you get done.Did you buff it?
Greg

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Wow that hunk-o-wood I saw when I was there the other day now looks like a nice bowl! Well done my man! Kudos!:thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work, Scott!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That elm sure looks swell with that finish.

Thanks for sharing with us all. (You are inspiring a bunch of us ya know!:gar-La;)

Wayne

bwat

New User
Bill
Nice! This does not look like amateur work to me!?!? You guys are making it hard to stay away from the "dark side".

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Scott, I'd agree with everyone else that it's far from amateur. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Brian.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nicely done. Great woods and they came out well.
I knew you'd come a ROUND eventually:gar-La;
Looks like you are well into the swirl. Just don't let that scroll talent get rusty ( as if)...
Keep up the great work my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS