What a Trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Thanks to Jim Williams in Mooresville, I am the proud new owner of a barely used Grizzly G055 14" bandsaw, and a Delta sander! All it took was to bring a truckload of white oak and poplar and we were dealing in no time. Thanks Jim!

Bandsaw_004.jpg

Bandsaw_003.jpg

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Brian,
I've been to your shop and there was not room in it for that bandsaw. I suggest I hold it for you for a few months until you can clear out a space for it.
Congrats on the deal and I'll bet Jim in Mooresville is going to love that white oak.

jimwill48

James
Well Brian (blueart) came over today and we did a trade for my Grizzly GO555 bandsaw as you can see in Brian's post it was for wood - White Oak and Poplar.

I will miss the Grizzly, it was tweaked to perfection never had to think about a cut with it, but everything changes and this is what I replaced it with (Thanks to Klingspor winnings):

It's taken me all afternoon to set up this Gold beast but I've now got it dialed in....the fence is not as good as the Grizzly but I'll learn to deal with it and its got a little belt squeal that lasts for about 1 second when 1st started (could be belt tension thing, will have to play with it). Put it thru its paces this PM, installed a 1/2" 3 tooth TW blade on it and had no issues cutting 8/4 Saple and slicing some 8/4 into 1/16 slices. Really like the extra Horsepower with this saw. Any way - Thanks Brian, you'll be happy with Grizzly put it to good use (it craves wood :saw:)

James

Originally Posted by bluthart
Thanks to Jim Williams in Mooresville, I am the proud new owner of a barely used Grizzly G055 14" bandsaw, and a Delta sander! All it took was to bring a truckload of white oak and poplar and we were dealing in no time. Thanks Jim!

Bandsaw_004.jpg

Bandsaw_003.jpg

R

rickc

Wheeling and dealing - gotta love it! Even better when each person takes care of a need. Definitely sounds as if you both did - congrats!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Whooeee!
Wheeling and Dealing and gloats all around :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Congrats!

Jim,
On the PM14 check the allen screw in the motor and drive pulleys. I have the same BS and they loosen occasionally.

Roger

bluthart

New User
Brian
What a fair deal. NCWW at work again.

Tracy - it might not have been completely fair... I did bring my 3 1/2 year daughter with me to charm him a little. I'm not sure who had more fun, my daughter Grace or Jim's wife!:wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Tracy - it might not have been completely fair... I did bring my 3 1/2 year daughter with me to charm him a little. I'm not sure who had more fun, my daughter Grace or Jim's wife!:wsmile:

Charm, or distract? that is the question:rotflm:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hey man... whatever it took to get that beautiful saw in my truck! Not to mention we needed a strong back to help unload the wood!:eusa_danc

That is a great looking saw. I like it when two woodworkers get together and make a really friendly deal. Good on both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS