Watch it, Delete it, Edit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I'd say delete it and send the emails... It can't possibly get better if left alone. My $.02 worth.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My .02. I would have left it but watched the thread. That is me. Phillip you did good. You have to go with your gut on these. If it does not feel right post it like you did here. If it really feels bad to you then soft delete it first then post it here.

You will make a fine moderator.....:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Okay, I'm behind in reading too. Please update me with the process - are we hard deleting (for lack of a better term) or soft deleting? I had seen this post and was trying to figure out which we were doing and how to do them by the time Phillip & DaveO jumped in.

Didn't there used to be a sticky on this forum about how to do the moderating of posts? It would be helpful to those of us who don't often have to do this. If it's in another forum, should it be here instead?

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Okay, I'm behind in reading too. Please update me with the process - are we hard deleting (for lack of a better term) or soft deleting? I had seen this post and was trying to figure out which we were doing and how to do them (yes, I know there's a sticky on the how to part) by the time Phillip & DaveO jumped in.

Cathy, mostly we are doing a soft deletes unless it spam or a real gross violation. Then we have been posting it on the Mod Forum to talk it out.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Okay, I'm behind in reading too. Please update me with the process - are we hard deleting (for lack of a better term) or soft deleting? I had seen this post and was trying to figure out which we were doing and how to do them by the time Phillip & DaveO jumped in.

Didn't there used to be a sticky on this forum about how to do the moderating of posts? It would be helpful to those of us who don't often have to do this. If it's in another forum, should it be here instead?

Always do a soft delete when moderating a thread or post, that way it can be reinstated if needed. That has happened after discussions when it is determined that the thread or post should be allowed. It is better to soft delete a post before it gets un-needed attention and then discuss it here for clarification.

cskipper

Cathy
Thanks for the update. I just have to remember to look under the training forum for how to do it (as I am reading after you guys mostly fix these things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS