Wanted - computer monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Anybody got an extra lying around? Preferrably in the Raleigh area. I've got an old computer minus the monitor that I'd like to put in my shop. I'm thinking that this will be VERY helpful when going from a sketchup drawing to the real thing. Or maybe I could set up a webcam in my shop to show all of my progress live for those of you who think paint drying and grass growing moves at breakneck speed...

chris99z71

New User
Chris
WOW! I was joking, but I guess bigger is better when it comes to CAD type stuff! You rock Travis! Send me a PM when you know for sure.

I'm thinking of making like a Kiosk type-thing that hangs on the wall - nothing fancy. Just something to hold the CPU, monitor and a roll out shelf for the keyboard and mouse using some drawer slides that I've got. I don't want to give up any of my work surfaces to hold it and I want to keep the monitor and keyboard/mouse at a comfortable level for standing.

DavidF

New User
David
WOW! I was joking, but I guess bigger is better when it comes to CAD type stuff! You rock Travis! Send me a PM when you know for sure.

I'm thinking of making like a Kiosk type-thing that hangs on the wall - nothing fancy. Just something to hold the CPU, monitor and a roll out shelf for the keyboard and mouse using some drawer slides that I've got. I don't want to give up any of my work surfaces to hold it and I want to keep the monitor and keyboard/mouse at a comfortable level for standing.

I use two monitors for CAD work and that really is nice - keep the picture on one and move all the tools to the other. Two 17's is good without taking up too much desk top. I have a 17" spare if travis can't do the 21"

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks for the offer, David, but I think this is going to work out with Travis' monitor.
That sounds like a great setup for autocad, but fortunately for my skill levels, sketchup isn't quite that sophistocated.

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks for the offer, David, but I think this is going to work out with Travis' monitor.
That sounds like a great setup for autocad, but fortunately for my skill levels, sketchup isn't quite that sophistocated.

No prob' it's there if anybody needs it.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
man I remember growing up in Idaho and only 3 people had computers,,now everyone has extras. Ohh how time flyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS