Walnut Lumber - Winston Salem CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Has anyone checked this out? It's a haul for me but I could use some 8/4 walnut for chair stock and a small stick of 12/4.

Chuck

davejones

New User
Dave
I called on this today. He said that it is his uncle's lumber and he is getting out of the lumber business. Some of the details I gathered:

Widths: varies, 4-12"
Thickness: varies, 4/4 - 16/4
Lengths: 10-14'
Air Dried for "several years"

He said that he wants to get rid of all of it, but would be willing to break it up (just not 1 or 2 boards here and there). I asked him to check the minimum bd ft he would be willing to sell and expect to hear back from him in the next day or so. Also, price may vary from the ad depending on qty.

If he is willing to sell in ~ 100 bd ft qty's I plan on taking a trip over to see it and will post some pics and more info.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I saw this ad. If it would be some help I only live about 30 minutes away. I may be able to pick some up for someone. If you want to make some arrangements just let me know. you can handle the money with this guy.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Dave, f the walnut looks good, I'll be interested in picking up some also. I'm more interested in the 4/4.

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
If a scouting trip shows it to be good stuff, I would in for at least 150 bf.

I saw this ad. If it would be some help I only live about 30 minutes away. I may be able to pick some up for someone. If you want to make some arrangements just let me know. you can handle the money with this guy.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'd like 100 bf of 8/4 and just a single stick of 12/4.

Someone needs to look at it. I'd be concerned about excessive end checks, PP beetles, lots of warps/twists/bows.

So, NCWWer total at least 350 bd ft.

I'm only available weekends, would be cool if you could get it set up for Saturday. I could do it tomorrow if this rain is gonna stop. I'd like to see if we can move on this one. Who's the point man? I can PM cell phone number so we can discuss.

Chuck

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I'll take ?????Bf,:tinysmile_cry_t:can't do it because not able.I had to turn down last offer for walnut.Tony

decibel

New User
Patrick
I called on this today. He said that it is his uncle's lumber and he is getting out of the lumber business. Some of the details I gathered:

Widths: varies, 4-12"
Thickness: varies, 4/4 - 16/4
Lengths: 10-14'
Air Dried for "several years"

He said that he wants to get rid of all of it, but would be willing to break it up (just not 1 or 2 boards here and there). I asked him to check the minimum bd ft he would be willing to sell and expect to hear back from him in the next day or so. Also, price may vary from the ad depending on qty.

If he is willing to sell in ~ 100 bd ft qty's I plan on taking a trip over to see it and will post some pics and more info.
Hey Dave have you heard if he'll let this go in 100 board foot lots? I'm interested in at least 100 bdft.

davejones

New User
Dave
Just heard back and he currently has several people interested in the whole lot. He said he was going to give it a couple more days to see if anyone takes it, then he would consider breaking it up into smaller qty's.

It sounds like 100bf is not very interesting to him, but when I mentioned that there were several people interested and the total would be 4-500bf he started to become interested.

Sounds like it may not happen with all the interest in taking the whole lot, but we'll see how things pan out over the next few days.

Dave

decibel

New User
Patrick
Thanks for the update. Looks like I might not get lucky and get any of this walnut either. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS