Walnut for the BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
If any of you bowl turners would like some Black Walnut, I have several log pieces that are 8' long or so and anywhere from 4" to 10" or so in size. These are mostly large limbs from two large walnut trees that were cut about a year ago.

I would be glad to cut this into shorter pieces and bring it to the BBQ at Mikes's on the 20th. Or, if some of you are interested in the logs as is where they are at my place, let me know. Some of you bandsaw "re-sawers" might be able to do something with them also.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Dave, you are welcome to as much as you want. Just to be sure you understand, these are "logs" with the bark still on. Let me know how you'd like them and I'll bring them along to the BBQ.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I would like some too Reggie. Maybe you can bring a piece or two with you when you bring the ash?

Thanks,

T

toolferone

Does a tree have leaves? Heck yes, there is no bad wood for turning. I take any and all bowl stock I can get :eusa_danc:eusa_danc
Dave:)

And you will be transporting said walnut how?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, you are welcome to as much as you want. Just to be sure you understand, these are "logs" with the bark still on. Let me know how you'd like them and I'll bring them along to the BBQ.

I would like them in managable chunks that I can carry on my lap in Tom's truck :-D:-D:-D:-D

Bark on is just fine, green wood turns very well, and Walnut bark can make a nice natural edge bowl.

Thanks!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I would like them in managable chunks that I can carry on my lap in Tom's truck :-D:-D:-D:-D

Bark on is just fine, green wood turns very well, and Walnut bark can make a nice natural edge bowl.

Thanks!

I am with Dave on this one. If you could cut up a couple of manageable pieces I would greatly appreciate it :icon_thum

T

toolferone

That would be great, I have a big lap, and it's growing bigger every day :eusa_doh:
:lol::lol::lol:

Of course if you sit in the bed of the truck you will have lots of room. I even have wall to wall carpeting in the bed of the truck. For the most space though, you could sit in the front and the walnut could stay in the bed of the truck.:rolf::rolf:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
:lol:
Of course if you sit in the bed of the truck you will have lots of room. I even have wall to wall carpeting in the bed of the truck. For the most space though, you could sit in the front and the walnut could stay in the bed of the truck.:rolf::rolf:

Tom,

I figured that DaveO needed to carry the wood on his lap because the elves and adult beverages would be traveling in the bed.:lol::lol::lol:

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS