Walnut Euro with inlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I have been palying around with this for a while.It is a PK Mon PAr from Woodturningz.I like this kit a lot because it is easily modifiable.After buying over a hundred in the last year or so this is the first time I made one as it was designed.
Walnut body, bloodwood inlay with a holly cross.
The Dimension of the inlay is.028x 5/8ths+-.
The "thickness" of the wood in the cross is .050.
20061120497_bloodwoodibloodwood%20inlay%20with%20holly%20cross.jpg

Presentaion side

200611204954_bloodwoodinlay%20with%20holly%20cross%202.jpg

The blanks are $25.00 if you are interested.They will fit just about any kit(not sure about a slimline)
The blank sizes are 3/4 sq x 6" to allow you to position the inlay in reference to the clip . Unless other wise specified I place the center of the inlay 1&1/2 inches from the top.
The inlay is.028 wide x 5/8ths tall+-.
The depth allows you to make just about any kit you desire.
I can do different combinations or a custom blank with your wood.
P.M. me for details.
Thanks for looking , comments/critiques appreciated.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, Eagle you never cease to amaze me. That is one of your simpler inlays, still incredible though, but the fact that you can make multiple of them is unreal. How do you place the inlay in the square blank and have it come out oval when it's turned :icon_scra :icon_scra :icon_scra and predictably the same no matter the pen style turned :dontknow:

Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
I make the inlay cut a hole and glue it in.

I hadn't even read your reply but as soon as I saw Jeffs question I knew what your answer would be.:lol::lol::lol:

Jeff, Eagle is rightfully protective of the details of his work. He does some pretty unique things most of us noncreative folks would have never thought about.

Nice work as always Eagle.

John

J

jeff...

I hadn't even read your reply but as soon as I saw Jeffs question I knew what your answer would be.:lol::lol::lol:

Jeff, Eagle is rightfully protective of the details of his work. He does some pretty unique things most of us noncreative folks would have never thought about.

Nice work as always Eagle.

John

Is there a patten on Eagle's process for making inlays? If not he might want to see if it's unique enough to patten. I doubt the cross design itself unique enough to copyright, but the process "I make the inlay cut a hole and glue it in." might be. It's completely up to Eagle if he wants to share his knowledge and technique details. If he doesn't want to share, then obviously I won't be able to find out how he does it, but I'm sure I could find out how to do it. I was curious is all and thought I would ask, give him an opportunity share his knowledge with the rest of us. But if he doesn't want to share that's cool too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS