Update-Entertainment Center-PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonewood

New User
Alan
Have not done enough attention hogging lately, so I offer this for your enjoyment or dismay.

Couple of early on pix:

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

Main unit almost complete:

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

Two of four side units ready for doors:

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

All the tops turned out well-cornices straight grained, dentil quarter sawn, and front piece highly figured. Also, the grain chases around the corners on almost every miter:

IMG_3479.jpg

And, definitive proof that it is my work:

IMG_3565.jpg

:D :D

Since these were taken, bottom doors on side units, rainglass doors on middle of side units added.

All door panels bookmatched and BLOed before Waterlox. Interior panels of resawn and bookmatched eucalyptus.

Treatments of the tops and all other components are proportionately reduced in size as the units get smaller.

Hope you enjoy--if not, at least I hope I didn't make you gag. :biggrin: :D :D)

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

New User
Monty
Very impressive work! Lots of great detail in your work and pics -- please keep us posted on your progress!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Allen, that's awesome. It should be worth $12,000.
Great job, and thanks for the WIP pics.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Awesome looking cabinet Alan.:icon_thum The various grains and wood contrasts look really sharp.

D L

nelsone

New User
Ed
Very Nice! Hopefully I'll be able to tackle a project on that scale one day and if I do I only hope to make it look that nice! The doors look Great:icon_thum

T

toolferone

Great attention to detail. I love how you did the back panels!!!!! The doors are beautiful!!!

bonewood

New User
Alan
As to finish.
The resawn eucalyptus and cherry panels were given a light coat of BLO (wipe on/wipe off soon) and then simply 3-4 wipe on coats of Waterlox Original. This is my first Waterlox use, and I must say it is as good as has been said on various forums. Self-leveling properties are great right out of the can, and scraping it produced wispy shavings that were uniform.

The rest of the piece is just various coats of Waterlox. Was considering using the satin for a final coat, but the muted shine and depth of the figure are just about right for something this size.

bonewood

New User
Alan
I'd like to thank Gary Whitt and David Gillie for turning me on to Waterlox--great stuff.

Also to Kyle Edwards for some of the cherry and eucalyptus used in this piece.

:eusa_clap

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Really glad to see someone else hooked on Waterlox. It really is great stuff, easily applied and dries fast. Problem is its hard to find at most outlets but it is stocked at Woordcraft.
Absolutely beautiful job and finish on the cabinet.

bonewood

New User
Alan
Dave
You'll be glad to know that is the Waterlox you bought for me way last December during the First Annual Pigsicle Tour:lol::lol::icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great, I am glad that it is being put to fine use and hasn't turned in to pudding yet.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS