[Update] Choose Classic view on mobile device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've heard from a number of mobile folks that they'd like to be able to view NCWW Classic mode on their mobile devices.

To that end, I am asking for some help.

If you go to your "User Settings" (Upper left on the menu bar of the site), Edit Options.

Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and then "Forum Skin"

There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
Forum Skin:

Pick NCWW Classic then go to the bottom of the page and save the settings.

If you are on an Android or iPhone/iPod (but not iPad), do you now see the site in NCWW Classic view.

This setting updates your User Profile. What I'm not sure of is how this will interact with our Mobile Device Detection software.

If you want to test, but return to "normal", change "Forum Skin" back to "Use Forum Default".

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Choose Classic view on mobile device?

Still mobile view on Iphone
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

Sully

New User
jay

Still mobile view droid on my droid. Clicking classic view doesn't seem to have any effect.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Ally Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Drat, back to the drawing board......

Thanks for checking it out.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11

TedAS

New User
Ted

Still mobile view for me also.

Ted
Posted from an iPhone

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Tried something else.

Please follow the above instructions and choose "Forum Skin" "Use forum default".

Then go to your mobile device, try changing options.

I tested in the Android Emulator. It seems to let me now switch between views.

Thanks,
Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12

TedAS

New User
Ted
JIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMM

You are a genius! It works beautifully on my iPhone. Thanks for all of your hard work.

We really dont tell you that enough.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MDDC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS