Upcoming Outreach Event - Important Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hey folks we have an Outreach event coming up June 6th in Raleigh @ Klingspors. We are still looking for a couple more volunteers. We are having a morning session and an afternoon session. If you have an empty spot in your day come on out and help us teach some boyscouts a few things about woodworking...Thanks :eusa_danc

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Upcoming Outreach Event

Here is the original announcement:
I am pleased to announce we have the opportunity to introduce woodworking to another group of eager to learn children. As we have done before, we will have a group of young children in the morning and a group of teens in the afternoon. The Klingspor store in Raleigh has agreed to host this event - Thanks, Paul

We need you. This is a great opportunity to share your passion for this hobby and pass on some knowledge. Please signup and join me for a very rewarding day

We need at least two more volunteers for each session

No previous experience with Outreach is required, you just need a willingness to share your knowledge and spend a few hours helping others learn

Please signup by responding here

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Sorry but I am already booked for that day.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Morning class is 10:00 to noon and afternoon is 1:00 to 3:00. Plan on one hour setup and one hour takedown

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Can we please get a couple more folks to help??????

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member

Count me in, prefer morning but could do P.M. if needed.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

I spoke with the group organizer today - He expected 12 to signup but now has 15 to 20 - That is great but we need to get a couple more volunteers to keep our one on one student/teacher ratio that is so important with younger students. I would hate to turn students away because we do not have enough volunteers.

To date we have:
Ken
Dirk
Fred
Berta (please bring Chuck)
Phil
Don AM
John AM
Rob PM

Setup is at 9:00am with half the students arriving between 9:45 and !0:00 - Class runs from 10 to noon

Second half of students come for lunch at 12:15 and their class runs from 1:00 to 3:00

We will working on an array of projects, building on all skills - Any and all volunteers are useful

Come and see how fun and rewarding this is

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

OK, who wants to meet at the IHOP on the corner for breakfast at 8AM? I'll be there.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

I have Ihop on the calendar. Thanks Rob and Johhny for steping up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors