turtle wax polishing compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
As much as I respect HA's knowledge and expertise, I was over lacquer and my pen finishes in a day maybe 2 with no ill effects.

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
>> was I just lucky or are some newer wb finishes different?

I have seen cases where waterborne was damaged by Original Briwax after even more than a year.

My point is that unless you need the cleaning power of toluene, you are much safer to use there re-formulated Briwax 2000. You know there will be no problem. Many finishers can attest to the damage that Original Briwax can do to oil based and waterborne finishes.

DavidF

New User
David
>> was I just lucky or are some newer wb finishes different?

I have seen cases where waterborne was damaged by Original Briwax after even more than a year.

My point is that unless you need the cleaning power of toluene, you are much safer to use there re-formulated Briwax 2000. You know there will be no problem. Many finishers can attest to the damage that Original Briwax can do to oil based and waterborne finishes.

Hmmm interesting...

Toddler

New User
Todd
Very interesting. I have a lot to learn about finishing. So far all I know is that when it is cold out and you don't want to leave the garage door open, spray lacquer is a bad idea. :5zombie:

I used minwax paste and it made the box feel nicer. Didn't really change the look much after it was buffed out. I'll take a pic tonight since it's flying to NH tomorrow morning.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors