Turnings other than pens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsdoby

New User
Gary
While I do turn my share of pens, just a reminder you can turn other things also. Below is a pic of some pocket watches I turned for Christmas. Don't be discouraged if you turn something other than a pen.

Attachments

• christmaswatchs1.jpg
    christmaswatchs1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 149

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Gary!!!

You sure turned a "pocket-full" of watches! The recipients are sure going to be happy, I am sure!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
Gary,

Nice looking watches. I've turned a few dozen pens but this seems like a good alternative. Where idi you buy the movements and chains?

Dave

gsdoby

New User
Gary
I used a wipe on poly for a finish on these. The kits can be purchased from several sources(Klockit.com, Lee Valley, Bear Wood, Penn State) I prefer the chain kits that have a threaded coupler for the chain as opposed to a stud. It is a little smaller and easier to work with IMHO. It depends on how you make them. These inserts are the 1 7/16 inserts that require a 1 3/8 hole for the insert to fit in.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
While I do turn my share of pens, just a reminder you can turn other things also. Below is a pic of some pocket watches I turned for Christmas. Don't be discouraged if you turn something other than a pen.
'
NIce looking watches,I have thought about making one for myself some day.
AS far as turing things other than pens, I have heard some people even turn bowls.
I figure if I ever get the pen thing down right to suit me I may try that.
The problem is those bowls are so frigging BIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors