Turning Blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, a few weeks ago I put the lathe back to use. Made a gift, and messed around a bit with a few other things. That got me looking for more turning blanks. A quick search on Google turned up a business selling blanks about a mile from my new house. Well, long story short(er), I headed over there today and met the husband/wife team who operates the turning blanks business.

They have a nice operation going on, and sell mainly thru the internet. I picked up about six bowl / hollow-form blanks from them. Rosewood, Monkey pod, Norfolk pine, and a few others.

Check them out here if you are a turner and interested in good quality blanks:
http://www.woodturningblanks4u.com/

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
thanks. i've seen the site but never ordered. good to hear someone's seen them and their product. i'll definitely keep them in mind.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jeremy,
good to hear yourgetting back to the lathe and Thanx for the source for Norfolk Island Pine. Been looking for some NIP and when you at least get a referal it makes it a little easier to do the mail order deal. Hope you and the family have a very Merry Christmas.
Greg

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
If you know me, you know I support and "brag" for small businesses they do it right. I was happy to find a dealer so close (literally three street turns away from my house) and to see that they have a small, growing, business is always nice.

I wish I had taken a few pics while I was there ... maybe next time. I will take some pics of what I purchased to share a little later.

Happy holidays~

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Thanks for the link Jeremy. Looks like I'm going to have to make the drive over and check them out. I need to get some skills before I start spending $$$$ on wood though.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
From the phone, so not the best quality pic ... but here are the blanks I picked up this week. Hopefully I can get them roughed out soon so I have gifts NEXT Christmas! ha
IMG_20101224_131921.jpg

View image in gallery

manfre

New User
Manfre
Did you move to FL with updating your location? Or is their site out of date? If they're near Charlotte, I'll have to swing by on my next trip down there.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yeah, not so sure how to change that "Charlotte, NC" in my name. I have checked the settings, and in fact just rechecked, and just don't see it. Every place I saw a zip or address, I filled it in, but it still never changes. I am in FL now, trust me.:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Yeah, not so sure how to change that "Charlotte, NC" in my name. I have checked the settings, and in fact just rechecked, and just don't see it. Every place I saw a zip or address, I filled it in, but it still never changes. I am in FL now, trust me.:gar-La;

Jeremy send me your city and I know the state. I'll change it for you.

Threejs

New User
David
Got me all excited. There is a saw mill in the University Area!?

Oh well, such is life. The good news is that you are missing out on this snow and ice we are getting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors