Turned another pen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
That's some good info you give Eagle! Most of teh stuff I've done so faw has been from scraps I've had laying around. I'll have to try the 3 step process with the Mylands too!

Mike, were you going to try a daylight pic of that pen?

MikeH

New User
Mike
That's some good info you give Eagle! Most of teh stuff I've done so faw has been from scraps I've had laying around. I'll have to try the 3 step process with the Mylands too!

Mike, were you going to try a daylight pic of that pen?

I'll try and do it after work today. Katie had a spring musical at school last night and we didn't get home until after dark. We should take a ride down and visit Eagle if he would be open to it. How about it Eagle?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
So we'll swing down in a couple weeks ok? :rolf:
Yeah about 24.
I normally don't allow visitors in the shop.
Too much secret stuff.
I never have found the pit bull and I know he's in there some where.
I can hear him breathing sometimes.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Yeah about 24.
I normally don't allow visitors in the shop.
Too much secret stuff.
I never have found the pit bull and I know he's in there some where.
I can hear him breathing sometimes.

You're secrets are safe with Ed and I! :eusa_thin

MikeH

New User
Mike
You overestimate my ability to copy your craftsmanship with the pens. I am working with single pieces of wood and just trying to make them smooth. :eusa_danc

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
You overestimate my ability to copy your craftsmanship with the pens. I am working with single pieces of wood and just trying to make them smooth. :eusa_danc
That's how I Started three years ago come this JUne.
Eventually I figured it can't be this easy.
I haven't looked back since.
This aint rocket science,it coming up with new designs that's tough.

cskipper

Cathy
Overall a nice pen but the blood wood doesn't appear that red on my screen,perhaps it is red heart?
The Mylands high build is a nice finish but I believe it is shelac based the same as Krystal coat.It will wear off in the long run.
Ca finishes are highly over rated.
It is a hard clear plastic coating and people are like fish, they like shiny things.
A built up lacquer finish shows the soul of the wood.
Ca doesn't come close.
My personal opinion.

If I understood correctly, WC no longer sells (and hasn't for many months) red heart anymore. I believe the statement was that they never would again. No idea why.

MikeH

New User
Mike
If I understood correctly, WC no longer sells (and hasn't for many months) red heart anymore. I believe the statement was that they never would again. No idea why.

Cathy,
I saw some in the Charlotte WC yesterday. There wasn't much, but there was a piece. :)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Cathy,
I saw some in the Charlotte WC yesterday. There wasn't much, but there was a piece. :)

The problem with red heart is that when it is cut it turns a brilliant red and is beautiful.
After it is exposed to light it turns a rather ugley brown.
I do not find it a desireable wood if I am looking for something witha red color.
It kind of works the reverse of Purple heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS