Trying new things

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I am learning so dont hammer me too much
I am trying to make diamonds with borders, I made them too big, :eusa_doh:so I could only use 4 of them made 4 segments larger and 12 segments a bit smaller for the pattern ring.
And I am still learning to make seed pots.
The Diamonds are bocote with a Holly and African Blackwood border set in H Maple.
The foot and top are Rosewood.
The body is Ipe.
I found out after applying DO that the Rosewood and the Ipe look almost the same :confused_ next time I'll just us Ipe.
Trim rings are Rosewood and H maple.
The bottom is made with a Cherry plug in the center with a Mahogany ring and then the Rosewood foot of course.
Right now its just got DO and is not signed ( might not be good enough tosign anyway)
Its 12" in diameter.
Thanks for looking

a diamond befor being cut into a segment

diamond.jpg

The bottom finished inside and ready to be mated to the top

border_diamond_bottom_wip.jpg

the top ready to be mated up

border_diamond_top_wip.jpg

bottom detail

border_diamond_seed_pot_bottom_detail.jpg

the seed pot

border_diamond_seed_pot.jpg

border_diamond_seed_pot2.jpg

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Earl, Very, very nice. :icon_thum I like the design. I'm about to start working on some diamonds myself. But, I need to finish reading Malcom Tibbetts book first. When I get through a section, I have to go into the shop and try the process. I guess it will take me forever to get through the book.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dood!!!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
:elvis::elvis::elvis:

Oh man, you are really getting good! When are you opening your gallery???

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
outstanding work Earl
I tell you the turners (and other craftsmen and women<dang pc stuff>) on this site don't take a back seat to anybody.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow Earl,

You sure amaze me day in and day out! I will be over some time this week if it's good for you!

YOU ROCK!

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
EARL, THAT IS BEAUTIFUL WORK. I BUILT MY PORCH OUT OF IPE, IT IS AN AMAZING WOOD.
JAMES

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Earl, Very, very nice. :icon_thum I like the design. I'm about to start working on some diamonds myself. But, I need to finish reading Malcom Tibbetts book first. When I get through a section, I have to go into the shop and try the process. I guess it will take me forever to get through the book.

Malcom is BOSS thats for sure, his book has a lot of good things in it.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Wow Earl,

You sure amaze me day in and day out! I will be over some time this week if it's good for you!

YOU ROCK!
I should be home every day, except sunday I might be gone.
And of course you as well as any NC woodworker is welcome anytime.

cskipper

Cathy
Earl, you should be embarrassed - if you need to hide it I think I can find it a place at my house - lol. Obviously I'm kidding (except the part about it living at my house) - that's beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS