Trend AirShield Pro Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Took the dive today and picked up a few goodies at Klingspor's since they said they'd honor the 15% discount to me a week early. On top of having the best price I could find anywhere ... Internet and stores ... for this product, after the discount the price was unbeatable. Top that off with 1st class service and I'm a happy customer.

I also picked up some supplies for the upcoming rocking chair class with Woodguy ... including #49 and #50 rasps, a carving gouge, a grinder along with some flap-style sanding discs, and 20' of flexible tubing to get the tools further from the dust collector.

:eek:ccasion1

The main goody was a Trend Airshield Pro face mask
airshieldpro-275.jpg

(I know, I know, I need to take the pic! I will!)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I could have used that today. Lots of curly cherry shavings in my face. Nice score, You Rock!!!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I could have used that today. Lots of curly cherry shavings in my face. Nice score, You Rock!!!

Me too, but mine was a Walnut dusty mess. The mask needed to charge 24hrs straight for the first charge, so I didn't get to use it! :dontknow:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
You only get a small you rock until the obligatory pics are posted. Enjoy your dust-free experience:icon_thum

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Cool Helmet!
I could have used that working on my bench!

Have you decided on what wood you'll be using for your rocker?

pete

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Let the comments fly ...
IMG_8281.JPG

:nah::tool:

Just remember ... you came in with brown gobs in your nose ... mine was dust free for the first time in ... well, forever!

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Let the comments fly ...
IMG_8281.JPG

:nah::tool:

Just remember ... you came in with brown gobs in your nose ... mine was dust free for the first time in ... well, forever!

Cahhh...shhhh...cahhh.... Luke... I am your father! :rotflm:
:jealous: Ok, I admit it... I wish I had one. Great snag Jeremy!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind, and less saw dust booggers for all.

Dave:)

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. That's the first one I've seen with a light on top. Oh, that's the hatch retractor indicator light!
May the force be with you, young woodnaut!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Fifteen percent????? What 15%? Where and how?

Took the dive today and picked up a few goodies at Klingspor's since they said they'd honor the 15% discount to me a week early. On top of having the best price I could find anywhere ... Internet and stores ... for this product, after the discount the price was unbeatable. Top that off with 1st class service and I'm a happy customer.

I also picked up some supplies for the upcoming rocking chair class with Woodguy ... including #49 and #50 rasps, a carving gouge, a grinder along with some flap-style sanding discs, and 20' of flexible tubing to get the tools further from the dust collector.

:eek:ccasion1

The main goody was a Trend Airshield Pro face mask
airshieldpro-275.jpg

(I know, I know, I need to take the pic! I will!)

woodguy1975

New User
John
That's Awesome. I have the first version of it and can say I use it all the time. It is a great piece of equipment for your health.

Lookin good dude. You are so ready to ROCK!!!!

See ya,

John

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice score Jeremy, you rock!! Perhaps you can lend it to Travis so he can finally ask his wife for a wide belt sander. That what keeps boogers out also prevents bleeding noses :)

For those who think the mask is too high-tech and want something more colorful:
hello-kitty-darth-vader.jpg

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
So Jeremy, can you share with us what it cost? I NEED that!

This model, the "Pro", retails at $399, however I picked it up at Klingspor's for $280. They sell it for $330 (which is cheaper than any place I have seen up to now), and then with a 15% sale discount, it became mine (year round you can get a 10% for NCWW membership)

I had been wanting one for a long while ... but wanted to wait for this new model to come to market ... and then had to wait for the right time (a sale). I was pushed over the edge when it became an optional item on the rocking chair class tool list with Woodguy ... and the next day seeing it at Klingspor for such a good price. Put the sale weekend on the end of it and the rest is history!

It's one of those things that could easily have buyers remorse because of the price ... and the fact it doesn't have a big motor or blades :rolf: , but when I factor health into the "big" picture I justify it. I mainly plan to use it for sanding, routing, and other high-dust situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS