Trash Can Separator Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
After spending a few minutes looking, I can't seem to find one either. I thought that I'd seen one in Rockler, but I guess it was only 4".

You could always make one from a piece of MDF and a pair of 6" 90° elbows.
Slit some automotive rubber fuel line lengthwise and fit it over the top edge of the garbage can to get a better seal. Somehow I'm thinking that the "Sanford and Son" separator lid isn't what you were going for though...

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I can't find one either Steve, all 4". Could you use a step adapter or reducer to convert it to 6"?

chris99z71

New User
Chris
clowman said:
I can't find one either Steve, all 4". Could you use a step adapter or reducer to convert it to 6"?

I was thinking the same thing, but that would really hurt the efficiency of the unit. It would be like using a 4" DC. I assumed that that was not an option.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Actually, I like your idea. The only problem is that I'm not sure of the geometry to make sure I get the correct circular flow

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Idea stolen from another creative woodworker:

separater1.jpg

separater2.jpg

separater3.jpg

The elbows are soldered into the can lid and the segments are "spot soldered" to keep em from rotating. The el's leak, but when Im satisfied with the performance they'll be sealed with caulk.

Credit belongs to Pete in the woodworking.com forum

Steve D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS