Thread soft deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just soft deleted a thread. I also sent the poster the following PM> If you think I'm wrong, then just undelete it

RE: New Info on Ryobi Lawsuit
Sorry for deletion, but every time this topic comes up it goes astray. It seems to attract everyone who wants to vent about our legal system, lawyers, torte reform and people who seem to just want a place to let out all of their internal frustrations on anything.

So I think we should just avoid the subject for now
Originally Posted by BKind2Anmls

From FineWoodworking.com

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...blesaw-lawsuit

The blade guard and splitter were removed and
he was making the cut without a rip fence.
In April 2004, Carlos Osorio took a job as a flooring installer for PT Hardwood Floor Service in Medford, Mass. According to the defendant’s trial brief, Osorio had never used a tablesaw before, so his boss showed him how to use the tool and cautioned him about the dangers. A couple of weeks later while installing an oak floor, Osorio was ripping a 21/4-in.-wide floorboard on a Ryobi BTS 15 benchtop tablesaw. The blade guard and splitter were removed and he was making the cut without a rip fence.

In response to your Post (as quoted above) in the New Info on Ryobi Lawsuit thread:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm making an ambivalent face right now. Picture a dog chewing on a caramel. We had a big discussion a year ago about preemptive moderation, and the consensus was not to do that. On the other hand, this topic has ALWAYS gone astray, and as the saying goes: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

So, I basically have no opinion at this point. And still managed to increase my postcount.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Not right/wrong, but may not be how "I" handle such posts.

As a non-moderator, I always defer the action and the contact with posters to the moderators.

Much as I would hope they'd defer code changes and new plugins to the tech folk.

In this particular thread, I would tend to have left her thread up and reported it as one to watch. I do understand your reasoning and odds are good it won't get past 5 replies.

Jim

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
OK, point made. I am NOT a moderator. So I shouldn't have made delete. I will restore it now.

Bas said:
We had a big discussion a year ago about preemptive moderation, and the consensus was not to do that.

But I must make a point. There is a written policy

Policy said:
Approach

Our primary method of achieving the above is prevention.
Emphasis is mine.

Consensus is fine in interpreting policy, but not in making policy. The webmaster makes policy and she/he does that by modifying the written policy.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Gonna have to go with Bas on this one... and say that I absolutely, positively, and adamantly demand that you understand I have no position on this one.
:gar-Bi
OK... I'd let them make a mistake before I corrected it. I would suggest that we don't get too "preemptive" in our moderation. Call the suspicious one out so we keep a watchful eye on them and jump on them if and when they go astray

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK, point made. I am NOT a moderator. So I shouldn't have made delete.

Steve, true you are not a moderator but we do encourage all members of the Staff to take action when warranted since all moderators are not on-line 24 x 7. If something makes you uncomfortable post it in the moderator forum for a 2nd opinion. If you see a clear violation by all means soft-delete it first and then post it in the moderator forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS