Thinking About a New PM2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckster

Pete
Senior User
I'm setting mine up too. Still not done. However I thought I might warn you of a few small items.

Don't over tighten the arbor nut. The tab from the red arbor lock on mine sheared right off. So I'm not really sure how I'm going to get that general purpose blade off. I guess I'll call Powermatic on Monday.

Also, The hardware bag was short all the 1/4" flat washers, the 5/16" 7/8" bolts, and related lock washers and nuts. So I've had to make a trip to the hardware store.

Also, just so you don't search too long-- One of the hardware bags for my saw was stuffed in the rectagular tube about 1/2 way down. I looked for 15 min for it.

I'll post more if I find it. Gotta run.

~Huck

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Things are at a standstill as I await the arrival of the piece for my Incra system to fit to the PM2000. Here is a shot of it now. I add the extension table, the legs and the switches for the saw and the router table.

Doug

Attachments

• Shop 31907 001.jpg
    Shop 31907 001.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 148

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Did you ever get it running? What was the deal with that?

What are you missing for your Incra? I thought it had everything you needed?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Doug - WOW - after looking at that photo, I'm beginning to understand all of the "you suck" comments on the forum!

Nice setup!

Scott

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It runs smooooothhh!!! My recolletction of the electrical layout was wrong. The Incra I have is set up for a 27-28" wide saw. The PM2000 is 30.5" (the SawStop is 30") so they have a little kit to extend it wide enough. Actually I thought it would be here by now!:BangHead:

Doug

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice setup there, Doug!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc

(I personally been waiting to see a shot of that new saw.)

Happy sawing!!!....and routing.

Wayne

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Scott:

There is a thread in here of the construction of my shop. None of it would have been possible without the help of the folks here. Especially Travis Porter, Woodworker2000, and Ray Martin. Tom at Woodcraft also gets a nod foer his help with the new saw. :eusa_clap

Doug

BTW: If any of you need some cabinet doors drop me a line. I have quite a few.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow! Looks like you've discovered gold in your shop :lol:
And you've got all those boards waiting to be shorter :mrgreen:

Wishing for speedy shipment from Incra,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors