The Routertable Upgrade is Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Nothing special, but the router table upgrade is complete. Some of you know I decided to upgrade my router/lift. I bought a PC 7518 router and the Bench Dog Prolift. Both are a very nice upgrade to my previous setup.

I decided to paint the cabinet to match the cabinet of my Tablesaw. It is a pretty good match. The cabinet and top was built with material I had in my shop. It is basically a scrap project. The drawers on the front are mahogany left over from the COD project. It was just the right size with nearly no waste. The finish on the drawers is waterbased Enduro lacquer. It was a good opportunity to try it out with no risk to high end project.

routertable.jpg

I decided to do something different on the router side. I had some poplar and decided it was a good chance to play with my water based white pigmented lacquer by Target. It sprays as well as the enduro. I wired an outlet in the router cabinet to a high amperage light switch.
routertable2.jpg

It works pretty well and looks pretty good. :)

Thanks for viewing.

John

M

McRabbet

Very nice job, John. It looks like it is very functional, too. Mine should look so nice --- oh well, my list of shop projects keeps growing -- let's see: Wall cabinets; mitersaw station; planer station; finish the drawers in my router table I built in 1998; rebuild my Lumber Storage Rack for more efficiency; plumb the shop for compressed air; add the propane wall heater I bought last year; finish the floor insulation; find space for the new/used Woodmaster when I get it....Hmmmm. So much stuff to do and so little time...

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
It looks awesome! You really did a nice job with that. Is that an accessory fence I see?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Nice lookin table, John. It looks huge. What are the dimensions?

What did you use for the top?

Chuck

woodguy1975

New User
John
Nice lookin table, John. It looks huge. What are the dimensions?

What did you use for the top?

Chuck

The top is a torsion box made out of MDF and the cabinet is 27" deep and 36" wide. The top is the same size as the original that came with the saw.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Good looking router table. I start mine tomorrow so everyone I see posted gets my eye for suggestions. I noticed the feet. I had thought about locking feet but yours aren't locking. Maybe locking feet aren't important. Tell me more about the power switch please.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Good looking router table. I start mine tomorrow so everyone I see posted gets my eye for suggestions. I noticed the feet. I had thought about locking feet but yours aren't locking. Maybe locking feet aren't important. Tell me more about the power switch please.

It is just a 20 amp light switch wired to an outlet with an extension cord cut off at the end so it could be wired. You wire it just like it tells you to wire a light bulb. :)

M

McRabbet

I did the same with mine, but used a 2-gang box and put a receptacle on the outside by the switch for a task lamp over the router table. I use an old swing-arm lamp that you can position where you want it. I made a hardwood socket base to replace the plastic one that came with the lamp and it's screwed down to my fence adjustment board.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Jeez, that's beautiful - looks like something you would see in the doctor's office. "Sit right up here and let's see what's bothering you."

sapwood

New User
Roger
Style and size, I like it! You know it's gotta be big because the Moak beside the RT doesn't overpower it :lol:

Could use a little sawdust on it though :roll:

Roger

woodguy1975

New User
John
Style and size, I like it! You know it's gotta be big because the Moak beside the RT doesn't overpower it :lol:

Could use a little sawdust on it though :roll:

Roger

LOL, look on the floor around it. I just knocked it off before taking the pic. :)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Speaking of sawdust, John.

I see in the picture, a DC outlet at the bottom of the cabinet. Will you be adding another off of the fence or will the cabinet outlet be enough? Just curious.

By the way. The cabinet is very, very nice! I cannot say that I have ever seen a RT cabinet with MAHOGANY DRAWER FRONTS!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Top notch work..........again!

Wayne

woodguy1975

New User
John
Speaking of sawdust, John.

I see in the picture, a DC outlet at the bottom of the cabinet. Will you be adding another off of the fence or will the cabinet outlet be enough? Just curious.

By the way. The cabinet is very, very nice! I cannot say that I have ever seen a RT cabinet with MAHOGANY DRAWER FRONTS!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Top notch work..........again!

Wayne

The fence does have DC too. It is very much the same setup as I had before. It just looks better and has a much better lift and motor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS