The New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Hello everyone, I am interested in becoming part of this awesome forum for several reasons. One is the freindly advice about woodworking because it is hard for my wife to appreciate what exactly a Mortise and Tenon joint is and why it is so dam inportant! Also, to share any expertise I have in woodworking (though limited) judging by some of the gallery pictures. I am a 37 year old kid. I started woodworking like so many kids, by a mentors side. In my case it was my father. He was a floor installer, cabinet maker and all around fixer upper. I started woodcarving song birds, decoys and faces and gradually moved up to full fledge furniture making. The first real project was a cradle I built for my baby girl. I built before I left for Iraq because I wasn't going to be around for her birth. Now it is a family Heirloom and my brother has it for there second child. So that is it in a nutshell. Pictures a cool avatar to follow.:gar-La;

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome to our group! It sounds like you will have a lot to offer with your experience. I look forward to seeing pix of your work.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Bonecarver,

Welcome. I'm glad you decided to join us. You mentioned Iraq... what branch of the service are / were you in? We look forward to seeing some photos of your work.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Bonecarver, we are very glad that you could join us. Thanks you very much for your service to our country. It's sad that you weren't around for the birth of your daughter, but at least you were able to give her a piece of yourself in the form of the cradle you made for her. I'm sure she didn't realize it, but I bet it was comforting to you.
I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pictures of your work.
Does your user-name have any significance...do any scrimshaw work?
Dave:)

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
No thanks necessary but thank you. Thank you both for the welcome, I think this is a pretty cool community.

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you for your service and welcome to the group. Please request a photo album and share pictures of your work with us - we do love pictures!

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Actually, I was in the Army. Bonecarver's significance is linked more to my profession. I am an Orthopedic Surgeon, unfortunatly my artistry does not rest in scrimshaw. I will get some photos on line to you guys as I am interested in all your works.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to ya, Bonecarver!!!

I too look forward to seeing some your work.:):)

Please post often and I am sure that you will enjoy the reading the dialog. I tend to learn something new everyday reading through the forum posts.:icon_thum

Have fun

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile, Bonecarver. Thank you for your service to this great country:notworthy:!

You were lucky to have your father as your mentor. I'm sure you learned lots of valuable tips from him:icon_thum.

This is a friendly bunch always willing to help. Don't hesitate to jump in with questions or suggestions.

In case you didn't get the message, WE LIKE PICTURES!! I would like to see your decoys...

Enjoy the site!

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Bonecarver and welcome to the site. Let me add my thanks for your service to our country. My first piece of furniture was also a cradle.

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Okay, I was able to download three of my carvings into the small woodworking sections. They are all carved by hand and unpainted. Saving up for a airbrush at some point.:kermit:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Bonecarver! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It's always great to see another member from the area. :icon_thum I can't wait to see some of your work and look forward to your input. But I really hope I never have to see you at your work. :roll: :lol: Maybe we can go out for a beer sometime. :eek:ccasion1

Trent :icon_bigg

M

McRabbet

Bonecarver,

I join the others here in thanking you for your service and admire the beautiful work you've done in wood. I'm sure your patients have appreciated your deft hands as well! We're happy to have you here and look forward to more of your work.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome to NCWWer, Bonecarver!
It's a great shared resource, whether you're getting or giving.
The carvings look great and the diversity of subject matter adds interest. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your input,
Roger

RaymondP

New User
Raymond Padgett
Hey Bonecarver! Welcome to another local. Are you from here or a transplant like I am ? (Western N.C.) I've been in "BSL" for seven years. Your carvings look great . And I see you're interested in rocking chairs. There are a lot of good rocker people on this site. Check out Touchwood's photos. Look forward to seeing more of your work. RaymondP

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to our forum, it is good to have you here. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Tracy

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Bonecraver:

Welcome. Thanks for taking care of our men and women in your service. I saw a news piece that followed a medical group in Iraq and I don't think I could have done that. If you have a chance, there is a thread here regarding helping build homes for our injured troops upon there return and rehabilitation, any input/ideas is welcome.

Doug

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Bonecarver. I have a brother that own a place in Southport (been there once, couldn't tell ya how I got there.)

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Bonecarver! Again ... though you said not to, thank you for your service to our country. Also, I looked at the pics you posted and those carvings are great! Keep up the good work and the posting. I look forward to learning from you. Also as someone else mentioned, if you are in to rockers, see touchwood. We just got back from a tour of some local shops (the threads about the Shop Crawl) and he had a beautiful chair he was just finishing.

Will

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Thanks again guys, That chair by touchwood is amazing. I am a transplant to Southport. I got here the long way but started out in Rhode Island. I would be interested in learning more on building homes for disabled veterans of any war! I need a picture or avatar and a cool statement! Working on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS