The Jeniffer clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

boris

New User
Boris
Hi everyone,
I would like to introduce to you my last creation – “The Jennifer” clock.
It is 26” tall and made from Cherry, Walnut and Jatoba wood.
It was interesting and challenging project, I used patterns from John Nelson’s book Advanced Scroll Saw Clocks.
I can tell you that plan is not accurate, if you cut like it is you won’t assemble it. First I enlarged the original plan to 152% to meet 3/16” wood.
The book recommend 155% enlarge. I had to redraw almost all peaces by hand, verified and corrected all measurements. The book does not have any recommendations for assembling, what I found the most complicated thing. Also I designed the back cap what was not in the original plan. Hopefully everything went good. I wanted initially finish with satin polyurethane, but my wife insisted to use clear gloss what was much more difficult to apply. I put sign on the back and call this clock “The Klara” in memory of my mother.
Any way, please look at the pictures. I can tell you that I enjoyed every moment working on this clock. Hope you will like it too.

The_Klara_clock_004.jpg

View image in gallery

nelsone

New User
Ed
WOW, heck of a way to introduce yourself!!! Welcome to the site, that's some great work!

Please take a minute and post an introduction in the who we are forum! I'd love to hear how you got into that type if intricate work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, now that's a piece of work. How many pieces are in it? It's a little too ornate for my tastes, but I can appreciate the hours of work that went into it. Thanks for posting and I look forward to your continued input in the forums.

Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
What a wonderful memorial to your Mother! Beautiful work and useful pattern review as well.
Welcome to the forum Boris. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Barbara

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Beyond words, Boris! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thay puts you in the ranks with ol' sawduster!

:wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Boris!

Very beautiful work!

You ain't from around here, are you? :rotflm:

We have a few members near Winston-Salem, maybe it's time for another meet&greet to get to know each other?

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
>>We have a few members near Winston-Salem, maybe it's time for another meet&greet to get to know each other?

Sounds good to me Mike. I actually live in Midway, but would be glad to get together anywhere in Winston..

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Boris,

Absolutely fantastic - I love the detail and can appreciate the skill and patience it took to build it. Congrats on a beautiful piece.

Ernie

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Boris that is a great job:icon_thum I have wanted to try some clocks but just can't bring myself to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS