The calendar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just wanted to explain why there were problems with the calendar printing.

First, the issue was not CafePress' problem but mine. I didn't give Monty the proper specs for the pictures. when I saw the pages in the Gallery and just uploaded them and didn't pay any attention to the preview that CafePres provides. Then I just announced they were ready with out getting a "proof" of the calendar:slap: and ordered the ones for the prizes. Meanwhile, some ordered calendars.

Monty, responded as he always does, without protest on my screw up and re-did the compositing to specs. (I checked this time:lol:) Then I uploaded them to CafePress. I paid very careful attention this time to the preview. The preview is rather small and doesn't really give an accurate depiction of what the page will look like whe printed. What I saw was some "potential" clipping of the descriptions where the binding is. CafePress doesnt give a spec on the effect of the binding, so I decided to be extra cautious and chose not to usae full bleed printing. What this means is the picture will not fill the page. There will be a 1/4" white border around each picture. This negates some of Monty's great work in re-compositing the pictures. Sorry Monty for the run around:slap: But I feel better safe than sorry

However as Monty said DO NOT order the calendars until either he or I have approved the actual printing. I should be getting them in, in a few days and if all is well, I will send replacements to those ordered previously.

Sorry:rbedface::oops:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I will be keeping what I have. I do not want you paying for it as you pay for enough already.

Thanks, but I am satisified.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
$15 + shipping is a lot to pay for a calendar, especially one that is flawed. Since I flawed it:lol:, I feel that I should replace them. Besides, I have ordered and paid for the replacements.

Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
$15 + shipping is a lot to pay for a calendar, especially one that is flawed. Since I flawed it:lol:, I feel that I should replace them. Besides, I have ordered and paid for the replacements.

Thanks

True it is a lot to pay but all you do for us more then makes up for it. I dare say this board would not exist if not for you. Anyone can make a honest mistake. I know I speak for others in saying that we don't want to see you pay for it. If you can return mine for credit please do so. If you can't return, them at least let me know when they come in and I 'll swing over to pick mine up and save the mailing cost. I am also willing to come over and help you mail out the others.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Ok, I really feel stupid. I missed how to get my hands on a few of these. Is it still possible?
Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Tony ...

tonyps

New User
Tony
Thanks!! So how/who should I contact to get a couple of these, assuming they are not all spoken for already?
Tony ...

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just checked and a will have copies this evening. So as soon as I see them, I will post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS