Thanks to CaptA and the Western Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Asheville today for the Western Pig Picken. My compliments to Andrew and his wonderful wife for hosting this event and also the western ww club. The location could not have been better, right on the French Broad river, the food was excellent, the door prizes were super, but the color of the trees didn't cooperate due to the drought.
It was absolutly great to meet some new friends and also to share a few meals with old friends.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
We missed a lot of Easterners - hopefully you will plan on this one if they have it again next year.
Yes - I know no pictures - they will be posted soon by me.
See entries further down for the location of the Pictures.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I second that, I know there will be lots of pictures added to this thread and possibly others. Andy and Robin you did a fantastic job. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you guys for a GREAT time! The food was great (add in the extra effort by Andy and Robin) and fellowship outstanding. The setting was amazing and weather beautiful. Thanks for letting me join you guys.

M

McRabbet

I'll echo the comments above and offer my thanks as well to Andy and Robin Henderson (Mr/Mrs CaptnA) for a superb picnic and a great get together. Beautiful day and lots of beautiful people! I forgot my camera (doh!), but I've created an album called the Fall 2008 Gathering in the NCWoodworker Gatherings category for you all to post your pictures so they are all together.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Yes - it really did happen pictures have been posted. Thanks to McRabbet
for setting up a place for them . :eusa_danc

PChristy

New User
Phillip
It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Asheville today for the Western Pig Picken. My compliments to Andrew and his wonderful wife for hosting this event and also the western ww club. The location could not have been better, right on the French Broad river, the food was excellent, the door prizes were super, but the color of the trees didn't cooperate due to the drought.
It was absolutly great to meet some new friends and also to share a few meals with old friends.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
We missed a lot of Easterners - hopefully you will plan on this one if they have it again next year.
Yes - I know no pictures - they will be posted soon by me.
See entries further down for the location of the Pictures.

I 2nd this- it was a great day and Karen and I had a wonderful time - Andrew we thank you and your wonderful wife Robin for all that you did for the wonderful get together

Phillip

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Thank you Andrew and Robin for a great day and food, We had a good time and and I had a chance to go and see my cousin that I had not seen for 53 years. Great weekend
dick

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
My wife and I wood like to thank you Andrew and Robin. :icon_thum
We had a good time we got to meet Chuck and Char from Florida.
We wood like to thank them for comming all that way.

Danny

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
CaptA and Robin, thank you so much for hosting the event. We had a wonderful time. It was great making new friends. Everything was perfect. LOML and I had a wonderful weekend in the Mountains. I will add my pictures to the gallery.

Chuck Seehuetter

New User
Chuck
Pete,
It was good to see you again. Char said to tell your wife that she had a great time visiting with your her while we ate and wish she could have visited with her when you came to Florida. You'll have to come again. As a matter of fact I hope you can all come to Panama City for a visit. I wonder how many of you would come down to the beach for a Turkey Fry one year for a gathering. I can make that happen if you'll show up. Bring air Mattresses and we'll set up a barracks in the workshop.:rotflm:

Danny, it was nice to meet you too. I wish I could have spent more time learning from you. Thanks to all of you for such a great time.

Chuck & Char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS