Tea House almost done - WIP pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well it is actually finished now but I didn't have my camera to take any pictures today. I'll have some tomorrow. I was to tired to post these last night after a 12 hour day in the shop. I completed the faux Shoji screen windows and installed them and the roof sheathing was started too. The final product came out better than our expectations, and the client is thrilled with it :-D I even saw a little clip of it on the news today, advertising for the show this weekend.

GGtableandteahouse020.jpg

GGtableandteahouse024.jpg

GGtableandteahouse027.jpg

Y'all come out to the show if you get a chance this weekend. I would enjoy seeing you.
Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Wow Dave. Great job on the Tea House. It is truly a professional job. I'm sure yours will be the best "booth" at the show!
Keep up the excellent work:icon_thum
Randy

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great Job Dave.:eusa_clap That came together real nice. I like that big copper rain gutter. I hoping to be up there tomorrow.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
erasmussen said:
The wife and I plan on being there tomorrow:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Cant wait to see it:icon_thum

Earl, I will look forward to seeing you and meeting your wife. Y'alls opinions of it will mean a lot to me because you probably know what it should look like. We did the the :icon_thum from an older Japanese lady today on our oriental styled garden and structures.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay, this weekend (4/7-9) is the Southern Ideal Home Show at the Raleigh Fairgrounds. We (the company I work for) has a booth at it with my Tea House on display. If you are in town you should come out to it. Lots of great ideas for someone with a new house;-)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
DaveO!!!! You really did it! That looks just so cool!

I have been telling the LOML about the tea house and she is anxious to see it. LOML, daughter and I are planning on being at the show early tomorrow evening. Hope to get to meet you in person!

Fantastic work!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve D said:
Dave,

That looks awesome. What did you use for the Shoji panels?

A "pearl" color Acrylic, a Plexiglas-like material, 1/8" thick. Hopefully it will last longer than rice paper will :lol:

4yanks

New User
Willie
DaveO,

I don't think I can accurately express how impressed I am. That is one awesome looking piece of work.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looking good DaveO, and LOML and I are heading out shortly to see the "real thang". :icon_thum

Hmm, guess Tea House doesn't serve English tea :eusa_doh:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS