Sweating the small stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Shoot, I thought it was "He who dies with the most tools wins"...... I find that I can't do any new project without buying something in a tool line, and you can't have too many clamps, no matter how many you have. I still run low on clamps at times. My big problem is buying something that I already had sitting in a drawer somewhere, and now I have two....:drunken_s

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
As a woman I found this thread to be the most interesting I have read in quite sometime. You see guys, I have all the woman stuff and I also seem to be able to get most of the woodworking stuff as well. I am on my way to town now to purchase a bench sander. I have to have one because I am making two trestle tables. There are a lot of curves to be sanded. Keep up the good work guys and keep the women out of your shop. Dave has the right idea though. Create a project she wants and do the work for her. Lots of tools that way. My cherry kitchen project is still bringing in tools. My husband is so happy with the results, he doesn't seem to mind another tool for the little woman. Ain't life good?:icon_thum Lorraine

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Lorraine:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very well stated ma'am! Personally I love it when the Doc joins me in the shop, barn, or on one of the pieces of heavy equipment. Unfortunately it doesn't happen very often...

Scott

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
We women are very smart. You just don't know. You can't live with us but you can't live without us either. went to Lowe's to get a new tool and they were closed. Now I have to go back tomorrow. Taking the husband and his debit card. Ha Ha Ha Lorraine

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, time for lesson #2 on how to get the significant other to let you buy tools........
Go price something professionally that she is going to have done weather you agree or not. Then underbid the job so you get it.:eusa_danc

I just discovered this today. LOML wants to replace the carpet with hardwood floors upstairs. That means the closet organizer has to be disassembled. It is old (from previous owners) laminated particle board, and may not survive the dis- and reassembly. So she suggested I might want to build the replacement. I suggested I'd need a good cabinet tablesaw, to handle all the sheet goods......

Bas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS