Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipper

New User
Steve
Don't we need a home improvement forum on the site.
You know...
"How do I get the cat out of the dryer vent"
"I just installed a basement toilet and it wont flush"
"My A/C blows cold air"
sorta stuff.
But seriously, there are some common geographical home problem stuff that we share like foundations and wells and septic.
:eusa_clap

gator

George
Corporate Member
Re: What about a Home Improvement Forum!!

I think that rather than add another forum, we continue to use the O.T. forum. Just put in the 'Title' a keyword about what the question is.

George

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Re: What about a Home Improvement Forum!!

I'd like to see a a new forum like that.

Things like millwork, plumbing, wainscotting, window repair etc.

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: [Suggestion]What about a Home Improvement Forum!!

Personally I think that it is a good idea to help catagorize topics along those lines. Seeing as this is a very member driven web-site, let's see how the membership weighs in on this issue. The direction this site goes is up to y'all (pendings Steve's approval, of course :-D

Dave:)

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus

As much as I hate to say it thats the only reason I still visit woodnet. I would love to see a home improvement forum here.

bitbight

New User
Ray

Works for me, with all the members, there should be some good information exchange going on.

J

jeff...

Dave could share his secret for peach paint removal :wrolleyes: couldn't ya Dave?

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Dave could share his secret for peach paint removal :wrolleyes: couldn't ya Dave?

I wish I had a secret. It's still there on the floor, reminding me everyday (just like y'all) not to stand on a plastic bucket of peach paint with my good clothes on :BangHead::BangHead:

jerrye

New User
Jerry

So much of all else that goes on in the field of wood tasks is addressed here. And there is a definite wealth of knowledge that goes beyond woodworking. Not to mention the sense of community and desire to help that exists on this site. I think it would be yet another way to help others with the knowledge that many have gained along the way, without clogging up another forum. I vote for adding the forum.:icon_thum

My 2¢

Chipper

New User
Steve

In fact, I hope we can hurry on this one cause I need to fix the bathroom floor. Someone glued the vinyl floor directly to the sub floor and I need to remove it in order to install tile. I tried a torch and it softens the vinyl but there are a lot of fumes and that's a lot of scraping.
Any ideas.:roll:

gator

George
Corporate Member

In fact, I hope we can hurry on this one cause I need to fix the bathroom floor. Someone glued the vinyl floor directly to the sub floor and I need to remove it in order to install tile. I tried a torch and it softens the vinyl but there are a lot of fumes and that's a lot of scraping.
Any ideas.:roll:

We just had tile installed in a bathroom last week. The installer took up the sub-floor and put down cement board for the tile to go on. This gave the tile a better, firmer base surface and left the floor at the same finished height so it didn't have a step up at the doors.

George

ACobra289

New User
Bill

I wouldn't mind seeing a home improvement forum.

Chipper

New User
Steve

I would think just one forum for the entire "Home Improvement" spectrum. Just ask any Hanyman question you want, if someone has some experience with the subject they can chime in.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member

Since DaveO jumped in here I will too.

How many think it could take away from the direction and focus of the group?

How far do we want to go with this? Plumbing forum, electrical forum, foundation forum, driveway forum, ceiling fan forum... it could go on and on.

Why upset the apple cart?

[mad]
I do!
[/mad] We have a ot forum how, We can ask any thing we can think of.

Have any of you ever see the Handyman club of America site, To much mess on it. :roll:And yes I am sorry to say I am a life member of that club.:eusa_doh::crybaby2:

Danny

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

If its an opinion poll, I agree with Mike Davis's post on this one.

Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Wow, it's 100% Yes right now....I'm the only voter :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS