space box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
first attempt at a 3 sided turned box. cedar and cypress with lacquer finish.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
And I have trouble turning a pen. I do not know how long it took you to do that. But, I would have stood by and watched the whole time just for the joy of the beauty of the outcome.

James

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Very sweet Earl!
Jack did a three sided turning demonstration at their turning club a while back.
I can't grasp the geometry.
Great job on a knuckle buster!

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Beautiful work, Fred! Being your first attempt makes me realize that mastering the early skills truly IS the key to opening a lot of turning doors. The fit of the lid is a great example of not only thinking, but turning outside the box!
Russ

BKind2Anmls

Susan
Corporate Member
That is beautiful! To do that on your first attempt means you must really have an amazing natural talent.

Glennbear

Glenn
Amazing work Fred :eusa_clap I cannot see me dealing with those corners whirring around ! :gar-La;

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Fred,

That looks really good~! And the finish looks great. I love how well cedar sands, very very smooth surface.

So did you have any problems with it cracking?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,

That looks really good~! And the finish looks great. I love how well cedar sands, very very smooth surface.

So did you have any problems with it cracking?
oddly enough no cracking issues. I was expecting some but it didn't happen. I made very light cuts and stopped to look often.:gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
oddly enough no cracking issues. I was expecting some but it didn't happen. I made very light cuts and stopped to look often.:gar-Bi

Maybe I was just cutting to much, as I noticed the cutting tool getting pretty hot and didn't stop to let it cool down. I think that's what made the bowl start cracking, or maybe it's the fact that it took me 3 days to turn the bowl (I'm in school and working and have very little time) and I left it out in the hot garage? :eusa_doh:

Any thoughts Fred would be greatly appreciated. :icon_thum

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS