space box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
first attempt at a 3 sided turned box. cedar and cypress with lacquer finish.

tribox3.JPG

tribox.JPG

tribox4.JPG

jhreed

New User
james
And I have trouble turning a pen. I do not know how long it took you to do that. But, I would have stood by and watched the whole time just for the joy of the beauty of the outcome.

James

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Very sweet Earl!
Jack did a three sided turning demonstration at their turning club a while back.
I can't grasp the geometry.
Great job on a knuckle buster!

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Beautiful work, Fred! Being your first attempt makes me realize that mastering the early skills truly IS the key to opening a lot of turning doors. The fit of the lid is a great example of not only thinking, but turning outside the box!
Russ

Glennbear

Glenn
Amazing work Fred :eusa_clap I cannot see me dealing with those corners whirring around ! :gar-La;

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Fred,

That looks really good~! And the finish looks great. I love how well cedar sands, very very smooth surface.

So did you have any problems with it cracking?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,

That looks really good~! And the finish looks great. I love how well cedar sands, very very smooth surface.

So did you have any problems with it cracking?

oddly enough no cracking issues. I was expecting some but it didn't happen. I made very light cuts and stopped to look often.:gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
oddly enough no cracking issues. I was expecting some but it didn't happen. I made very light cuts and stopped to look often.:gar-Bi

Maybe I was just cutting to much, as I noticed the cutting tool getting pretty hot and didn't stop to let it cool down. I think that's what made the bowl start cracking, or maybe it's the fact that it took me 3 days to turn the bowl (I'm in school and working and have very little time) and I left it out in the hot garage? :eusa_doh:

Any thoughts Fred would be greatly appreciated. :icon_thum

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS