Soundproofing the Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
I live in a community where the houses are built pretty close together. It was a new develoment when I moved in, so all the neighbors sort of moved in at the same time. When I met each of the neighbors, I told them about my woodworking and said that I would not operate any equipment till after 9:00 AM to give them time to wake up if they were late sleepers. I also said that if I was bothering them, like when they had company, just let me know and I'd stop for a while. I have made and given them all pens and have repaired some small wooden stuff for a couple of them for nothing, but that's a small price to pay for getting along as good as we all do.

Maybe making and giving your neighbors some small token gift, or the cookout/party idea may work. I know its hard to do when they won't even talk. Hey, it's their loss!!!

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
If cutting your grass is a problem with these folks they must really be off the deep end.

Have you tried to talk with your other neighbors to find out if there is any history with these folks? What about the folks accross the street, on the other side of them or behind them. If they have never seen this kind of behavior out of them you may have done something, without realizing it, that has set them off.

Talk with the officials of the HOA and find out if these folks have a history having problems with everyone.

I think you need to find out a little more history on things before you can plot a course of action. There is no need for you to jump through hoops if these folks are just wackos and nothing is going to make them happy.

Take copious notes of all that happens so you have the facts.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Heh, when I lived in california I was working in my shop and had the music cranked up pretty loud. Cops show up and write me a ticket for having a "loud party" (I was alone in the shop). I thought it was kind of funny, but wondered out loud why whatever neighbor reported me didn't just walk over and ask me to turn it down...I would have been glad to oblige. They said "maybe they didn't know where the noise was coming from", to which I replied "well, you found me didn't you?".

Anyway, I agree that unattended speakers facing your house is over the top. Next time they do it, don't go over, call the cops. They will asses the situation, realize it's harassment, and won't go easy on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS