Some fun stuff turned over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Wow - very nice!

I have turned some of the chunks I got from you (pics someday when I finish) and I have one that looks like it may have come from that log also. Very hard stuff for spalted.

lonehunter

New User
Jeff
Very Nice!

David is the top for the pick holder one piece, or did you turn it in sections and then glue together?

Thanks,

Jeff

DavidF

New User
David
Very Nice!

David is the top for the pick holder one piece, or did you turn it in sections and then glue together?

Thanks,

Jeff

The top is one piece, excluding the dowel that connects the top to the bucket. The dowel is glued in to the bucket and in to the top.

sapwood

New User
Roger
You certainly did it justice, David :icon_thum
The NC holly would be real spiffy in your new English Country Home :mrgreen:

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
You certainly did it justice, David :icon_thum
The NC holly would be real spiffy in your new English Country Home :mrgreen:

Roger

Yes it will, and if I don't stop making all this stuff we won't have any room to sit down - The houses over there are much smaller!!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Not really sure as I don't have a meter, but Roger gave me the log a year ago and I assume it was pretty wet then. It was about a ft dia and 18" long. Bobcat Bob chainsawed it in to 4 quadrants for me and there it sat until last week. Nice to turn though, the cut off the tool was really nice and sanded to a really smooth surface.

Thanks David~! :eusa_clap

I can't wait to turn mine~! :eusa_danc

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
You may need to cultivate a British accent, but hey, anything's possible:rotflm:

"Cultivate"? Well, they do grow on ya...
Most of us Southern boys can do just one phrase - "Bond. James Bond." Been trying it occasionally since high school, never gotten the desired reaction, but we never give up. :rolf:

DavidF

New User
David
"Cultivate"? Well, they do grow on ya...
Most of us Southern boys can do just one phrase - "Bond. James Bond." Been trying it occasionally since high school, never gotten the desired reaction, but we never give up. :rolf:

Just keep using the words "excellent" and "absolutely" the rest will come.. For a primer, watch the Russian on the train in "from Russia with love" And never, ever order a claret with fish - it's a dead give away......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS