Site Down Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Here it is the much anticipated:roll: Site Down procedures. This is a pdf file that I have attached here. It will also be posted on the yahoogroups site. That way, you should always be able to get to it.

Please review as soon as you can, so I can make any corrections or clarifications that are necessary. Please also make sure that you can get to it from the Yahoo Groups site.

Attachments

• SiteDown.pdf
    389.7 KB · Views: 150
M

McRabbet

A little reading is in order -- downloaded and will print... Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, I received this link via an email notification from the Yahoo Group and opened it from there. I looks good to me.:icon_thum The only question I have is on the web form (ticket) where you told us to fill in the subject line and problem statement. I noticed the block "Your Email" had your email address in there as the default. Do we leave that as is or do we put our own email address in that block since we are the one submitting the ticket? I see at the very end of the instructions you tell us to ensure the hoster has our name, email and phone number but I wasn't sure if we are supposed to include our email address on the actual ticket.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very well layed out and easy to understand. If you answer DL's question above everything will be clear to me. Except would it be a good idea to log into the hoster's help site now or only when needed?

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When, you register at the support site it asks for your email address. In fact, it becomes your used id. When you open a new ticket, the system fills in the email address you logged in with and it can't be changed.

One of the things, I forgot to put anywhere, was that I recommend that all of you go ahead and register now. That way if you have any problems with registration, we can get them resolved now, instead of when the system is down.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
One of the things, I forgot to put anywhere, was that I recommend that all of you go ahead and register now. That way if you have any problems with registration, we can get them resolved now, instead of when the system is down.

Cover me.....I am on my way to register now!

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
D L Ames said:
Cover me.....I am on my way to register now!

D L

OK, I am registered at the RWH site. I went ahead and submitted the following support ticket to test the system.

Subject: Steve Coles

Message: Our main site administrator, Steve Coles, here at ncwoodworker.net is a real PITA to us little worker bees. Can you fix this problem from your end or do we have to shoot him ourselves?

Steve........relax, I am just kidding:rolf:

D L

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
D L Ames said:
OK, I am registered at the RWH site. I went ahead and submitted the following support ticket to test the system.

Subject: Steve Coles

Message: Our main site administrator, Steve Coles, here are a ncwoodworker.net is a real PITA to us little worker bees. Can you fix this problem from your end or do we have to shoot him ourselves?

Steve........relax, I am just kidding:rolf:

D L
I wonder what kind of response you would have gotten:eusa_thin :lol:
BTW any problems?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
When, you register at the support site it asks for your email address. In fact, it becomes your used id. When you open a new ticket, the system fills in the email address you logged in with and it can't be changed.

Yep, that is exactly what it did. When I opened up the support ticket my email address was now listed as the default. Steve, I didn't bother changing the password because I sort of like the one they gave me. Let me know if it would be wise to change it and I will.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
I wonder what kind of response you would have gotten:eusa_thin :lol:
BTW any problems?

No problems for this computer idgit.......which means it will be a piece-o-cake for the rest of the crew. That is a great flow chart you put together Steve. You can rest assured that the site will be in good hands while you are on your cruise.:icon_thum

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
D L Ames said:
Yep, that is exactly what it did. When I opened up the support ticket my email address was now listed as the default. Steve, I didn't bother changing the password because I sort of like the one they gave me. Let me know if it would be wise to change it and I will.

D L

No need to change the password, I always change them to something I can remember. I sometimes forget that some people can actually remember things:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
No need to change the password, I always change them to something I can remember. I sometimes forget that some people can actually remember things:lol:

Remember what?:eusa_thin

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS