Sick scroll saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
My Hegner is sick! The speed control has decided that wide open is the only way it will run - not the easiest to use. For a mere $200 I can order a new one. Just when I was getting interested in scrolling again. Grrrrrr

Sully

New User
jay
Not being intimately familiar with a Hegner, take this with a grain of salt. I would open up the control unit and blow it out with compressed air.

J

jimwill48

James
I have a Taskmaster/Hitachi that I have retired due to some type of mechanical hitch (it kind of jumps) but the motor and speed controller is perfect. Don't know if the speed control could be used to fix yours but if you want to try its yours. You will need to pick-up due to the size and weight....let me know.

James

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I have a Taskmaster/Hitachi that I have retired due to some type of mechanical hitch (it kind of jumps) but the motor and speed controller is perfect. Don't know if the speed control could be used to fix yours but if you want to try its yours. You will need to pick-up due to the size and weight....let me know.

James

:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Not being intimately familiar with a Hegner, take this with a grain of salt. I would open up the control unit and blow it out with compressed air.

J

That actually was a recommendation by the Hegner folks. Unfortunately it didn't help.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Could you open it up and take a picture of the control knob and the board? I do alot of work on components similar to that and you might be able to find a suitable replacement through a electronics component dealer like Radioshack or Tyco for much cheaper, that is if you can get someone skilled with a soldering iron.

Zach

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Cathy-sorry to hear about your Hegner - Just thinking out loud- have you checked the brushes - just a thought:icon_scra

b4man

New User
Barbara
Would it be stupid to plug it into a inline speed control switch and reduce the speed that way? I'm talkin' about a foot switch or a knob control.

Barbara

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Barbara,

Most scroll saws use brushless induction motors and those inline controls (router speed controls and similar items) don't work with them.

cskipper

Cathy
Good news - it appears to be all better! :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc John had taken it apart and clean it up, including using compressed air but it didn't fix the problem. I brought another can of compressed air home from work and did the same minus the dismantelling parat. Plugged it in, started it up and it purrs like a kitten. Don't know how long it will last - but it works for now. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys for you generous offers of assistance. That's one of the things I love about this group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors