Shop update (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
We recently cleared out a bunch of space in our warehouse at work, and my boss was cool enough to let me move my shop in. :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

So last night one of my buddies stopped by for a few beers and he [strike]got suckered into helping[/strike] was nice enough to help me load up all of my tools into the truck so I could bring them here this morning. :rotflm: I didn't want to do any of this on company time, so I woke up early and was at work shortly after 6:30am with no help to unload the BS or the lathe. :swoon: It was definitely challenging, but I got it done. I didn't want my stuff to be to intrusive, so I laid it out as such. Probably not the way I would do it if it were at my house, but you have to respect the coworkers. :thumbs_up

Here it is...

trentpics_211.jpg

The BS, redneck dust collector, miter saw station. The miter saw station and all mobile bases were built with scrap wood from jobs. Total cost to me $0.00 :eusa_danc

trentpics_212.jpg

The lathe and the tool holder that I built today.

trentpics_213.jpg

A better of view of the "dust deflector" mounted on top of the tool holder. It was slippery piece of some wood that came on a pallet a few months ago.

trentpics_214.jpg

Drill press

trentpics_215.jpg

RT, Grinder, storage shelf

trentpics_216.jpg

Homemade sharpening jig. Total cost to me: about $2.00 for the hardware.

trentpics_217.jpg

Planer, Restored Jointer, Radical :wink_smil Arm Saw that still needs to be restored, mobile base for the TS awaiting hardware.

trentpics_218.jpg

Miter saw station

trentpics_219.jpg

trentpics_220.jpg

My first project was the tool holder for the lathe and it took about an hour. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have this kind of space after what I've had to deal with over the last year or two. :swoon: There was no switching the extension chord from tool to tool, tripping over things, dragging tools out into the freezing cold (or smoldering heat). Everything just flowed perfectly. And the best thing is, it is still a work in progress. It will only get better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking,

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Trent that's awesome. A new Fiancee and a new shop space you must be living on Cloud 9. Major props for the shop-built Vari-grind and Wolverine jig. Now you can put a proper edge on that big ol' Crown PM ugly-stick.

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice setup, Trent!!!!

Now you have plenty room to maneuver around - but more area to tidy up!!:gar-La;:gar-La;

Betcha you are going to enjoy the extra real estate!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Wayne

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Nice shop:eusa_clap

"A new Fiancée" ......HEY WAIT!... HOW DID I MISS THAT NEWS!!!!!

Congratulations:eek:ccasion1 Jim

sapwood

New User
Roger
Super sweet, Trent!
I'm not only impressed with the space, but the work stations, storage, and jigs :icon_thum

Roger

skeeter

New User
Charles
Cool space. I like the space and jigs. Now, don't forget where and try to surf on the airport runway!!!!

bwat

New User
Bill
So, let me see if I understand this? New personal shop - at workplace and a new fiancee at home? It must be hard to decide where to spend your time?:gar-La;

striker

New User
Stephen
Congrats on the new digs. We'll be waiting for pics of the increased production now. :gar-Bi

Stephen

cpowell

New User
Chuck
You have created a really nice workspace. I wish I had the room for such an open layout. Very cool. :cool:

As for the fiance, I bet she will give you plenty of honeydo WWing projects to keep you busy.:gar-Bi

Chuck

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
So, let me see if I understand this? New personal shop - at workplace and a new fiancee at home? It must be hard to decide where to spend your time?:gar-La;

Now you're onto something there Bill. She was really excited about the shop, but she also fears that she will never see me. :tinysmile_cry_t: I guess we better find a place with a garage. :icon_thum

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone. Haven't gone into hardcore production mode, but I have a feeling it will happen soon. I have some folks interested in bowls and have some simple projects to do for a lady, and also there is that darned nightstand that has been on hold for a year or so. Lots to do! Thanks again everyone! :icon_thum

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors