Shop time today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I got in some time in the shop this morning and got a few things done.

I ordered this sign from work. It is 2 sided and comes with a neat cast hand saw looking bracket to mount to the wall with.
toms_002.jpg

toms_001.jpg

I received the Wixey saw gauge for my birthday and installed it today (have not used it yet)
toms_004.jpg

I assembled this clamp rack today. The wood was offered to me all cut and ready to assemble by a friend (very nice friend).
I am still working on th spacing of the clamps and will end up building some kind of inner brackest to hold more small clamps.
toms_006.jpg
toms_007.jpg

toms_008.jpg

M

McRabbet

Nice sign, Tom! And a great job on the clamp rack -- I built a similar one a year or so ago and it is really handy. But I need to award you a "bonny YOU SUCK, Lad" for the Wixey saw gauge -- that is awesome!

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Beautiful sign, Tom. I am envious!

The Wixley is a great asset to the saw I have read but I don't have any experience with them.

The clamp rack is something every shop needs. I am doubly envious.....

Happy belated birthday!:icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
the sign looks great ..... BUT..... it shudda ben wood.:eusa_whis . how do you like the wixey saw guage? i been kickin that around a while.:icon_thum let us know you oppinions.

fred p

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Love the new toys and the sign.

How do you like having the clamp rack in the floor? I have thought about that, but I am worried about giving up the floor space.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A roll around clamp cart means you can take all the clamps to the job, instead of trudging back to wall rack when you need another. Also, by NOT using locking casters, you can spin rack around to get to the other side. The only time I see locking casters as an advantage is on a garage floor that has a slope in. I have a similar clamp cart, and it is holding 28 Bessies, 16 Jorgie F style clamps, a dozen 6" Quick Grips, a couple 18" and 24" Quick Grips, several C clamps. On the base area are band clamps, corner clamps, and most importantly GLUE bottle, along with some other stuff. Until you have one you don't know how handy they are.:eusa_danc

T

toolferone

Love the new toys and the sign.

How do you like having the clamp rack in the floor? I have thought about that, but I am worried about giving up the floor space.

I agree with Bruce. With it on wheels it is where you need it to be, or pushed out of the way when not needed. With my shop the wall space is more important then the floor space. I have lots of my tools around the perimeter, and had to move them to get to the clamps. I will like this much better.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
On mine, the longer clamps are lower than Tom has his. End of bars almost touch bottom of cart. This means I can put shorter clamps at top, which means I don't have to bend down to get them. Long clamps may also slide off of top rails when making high speed turns. It is always a warm fuzzy feeling to make something for your shop. I like the rounded corners on the bottom of cart- no sharp points to get ankles.

T

toolferone

On mine, the longer clamps are lower than Tom has his. End of bars almost touch bottom of cart. This means I can put shorter clamps at top, which means I don't have to bend down to get them. Long clamps may also slide off of top rails when making high speed turns. It is always a warm fuzzy feeling to make something for your shop. I like the rounded corners on the bottom of cart- no sharp points to get ankles.

Nothing is set in stone yet on clamp placement yet. That was my first try. I do love the rounded corners too, I am glad I thought to do it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I think I will have to bite the bullet and do the clamp cart thing. I have some spare casters and the wood to do it. Just have to add it to the list after I get through building a playhouse.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Awesome gloats, Tom. A YOU SUCK is in order. :lol: :lol:

I'd also like to know what you think of the TS Wixey deal after you're driven it a while.

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No, I am literally building two playhouses. I will post some pics after I get the framing up.

Cute though Chuck. It is a playhouse, albeit a large one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS