Shop smell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I got nothing important to ask.

I just walked into my shop and was struck with the smell.

Not a bad one, just that unique mix of dust, wood, glue, finish, wax and roasted coffee.

I just love my shop.

Jim

Last edited:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Yep, love that aroma Jim! :)

But one of our dogs can replace that niceness and empty the place in a hurry, and for a looong time!

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
That smell is intoxicating to me, makes me high on life when I'm in the shop and can do as I please. I also put memories and odors together, there are smells such as my grandfathers garage where he kept tools and other neat stuff to look at when I was a kid. I love remembering that kind of stuff. My shop brings back memories like those which I cherish. :cool:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My great Uncle's shop always smelled like apples and fresh cut lawn. He stored his lawn tools in there and the attic of his shop held sacks of dried apples from his orchard. It was a wonderful smell to a six year old.

My shop got a major upgrade this week. Screens on the windows, now I can leave the windows open for fresh air and the bugs don't take over.

It is a lot cooler too. 77 in the house and only 95 in the shop. That sure beats 110! We almost never run the AC in the house so putting it in the shop would be sacrilege.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Depending on the time of year, I smell a lot of fresh cut grass in mine. I too keep the mower hid out there. In the winter it has a pleasant wood smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS