Shop Press Arbor Plates-Where Locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Matt, if you want to go to a scrapyard and find a suitable piece of plate steel, you can stop by the farm and use my metal shop to make a set.

Scott

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Shopping around for a pair of shop press arbor plates. The only place I know where to look is HF.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=6833

I have to order online and with their Warehouse in CA , takes forever to get here.

Where can I find locally a pair that is as inexpensive or better priced than these?

Your help/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Pleading complete ignorance here, Matt!!:dontknow::dontknow::embaresse:embaresse

What are arbor plates and what are they used for?:wconfused:

Inquiring mind here.:eusa_thin

Thanks

Wayne

(If it is another gloat, save your response.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Pleading complete ignorance here, Matt!!:dontknow::dontknow::embaresse:embaresse

What are arbor plates and what are they used for?:wconfused:

Inquiring mind here.:eusa_thin

Thanks

Wayne

(If it is another gloat, save your response.

They look like these:
Arbor_Press_Plates.gif

They are used in this Shop Press:
ShpPrss.gif

They hold a bearing, flywheel, etc... in place so the Hydraulic Jack with ram can "press" the bearing of a spinde, axle, etc....
Anything that has been pressed on, can be taken off and vice versa!

I am building one from wood and assorted scrap items in my shop! Pics to come soon!

M

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Matt, if you want to go to a scrapyard and find a suitable piece of plate steel, you can stop by the farm and use my metal shop to make a set.

Scott

Scott:

Thanks :icon_thum! It's nice to have options! Will keep in hip pocket as last resort!

Love the idea of playing...err working in your shop!

Matt

Dudelive

New User
Dude

Scott

He has a great idea here. If you are using them for small stuff like I think you may be then the store bought ones might be too thick (about 1" or better) to use. Which leads back to the idea above, you could make them as thin or as thick as needed. Just be sure to get some different types of steel so you can find some that will be strong enough yet thin enough to use for your purpose.

If you can make the press then you sure as heck can make the plates....LOL
Good Luck

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
They don't have them in the DC in Dillon SC? If so, I'm coming back thru there Monday...

He has a great idea here. If you are using them for small stuff like I think you may be then the store bought ones might be too thick (about 1" or better) to use. Which leads back to the idea above, you could make them as thin or as thick as needed. Just be sure to get some different types of steel so you can find some that will be strong enough yet thin enough to use for your purpose.

If you can make the press then you sure as heck can make the plates....LOL
Good Luck

Jerrye: DC ? store, brick and mortar, online?

Dude: Yes, excellent! your exactly right, as well as plate(s), I planned on interchangability between the driving rod as well, hollow center, point, round, etc....
I also plan on using it as my form bender. Its like a Juiced Bessey. Rather than 850lbs clamp pressure, its 12,000 lbs. Hee Haw!

m

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Jerrye: DC ? store, brick and mortar, online?

Sorry Splint. DC is Distribution Center: a big warehouse that stores are supplied from. They have a rather large DC in Dillon, with a store attached. If'n ya wants, I can stop in there on the way back and see if they have them there.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Sorry Splint. DC is Distribution Center: a big warehouse that stores are supplied from. They have a rather large DC in Dillon, with a store attached. If'n ya wants, I can stop in there on the way back and see if they have them there.

Hmm.....I was told by Ral store that they were an online item. But if' they do have and is no big trouble for you...that would be great!

they have both a 12ton and a 20ton. The twelve ton is more than enough capacity!
They retail for $19.99.
ITEM 6833-5VGA

Thanks again for the info! Did not know that!

Matt

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Am I to understand that you are DISCOURAGING someone from stopping at a Harbor Freight store? :no::swoon::nah::eek: Mods, doesn't this call for site discipline in some way? Revocation of priviledges, or something!

It is right off of 95, so it's not out of the way at all. Besides, I've always wanted to stop in there...

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Am I to understand that you are DISCOURAGING someone from stopping at a Harbor Freight store? :no::swoon::nah::eek: Mods, doesn't this call for site discipline in some way? Revocation of priviledges, or something!

It is right off of 95, so it's not out of the way at all. Besides, I've always wanted to stop in there...

:gar-La;. My bad! I would never intentionally do such a thing!

Lemme know what you think of the store !

M

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
If you look real close, you can uncover the truth in Splint Eastwoods love of HF.

Look closely, see in tiny print? Harbor Matt Shops Here A Lot Freight.

Jim

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Matt, you're welcome!:gar-Bi

Unfortunately we were WAY late heading back, so I had to call. The store is supposedly set up the same as most others...one day when I'm headed thru there again I'll find out for myself and report on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS