Shop-made Jig - Small parts Miter-Gauge Clamp (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Thought you might be interested to see my latest shop-made jig.

1_P1030193.jpg

From and old Woodsmith magazine under Tips: A Handy jig for holding small parts. I modified it to include a T-Slot for attaching it to miter-gauge. I also added a second location for the front lag screw to allow more space in the chuck area for larger parts. Another change was to add 180 grit sandpaper with carpet tape, to provide better grip.

The T-Slots allow for adjustment when using the miter gauge for angle cuts.

You can also use it on your router table.

It may look a little clunky, but it does the job! For the record, I don't normally cut small stuff like this, but it's nice to know you can. :gar-Bi

-Don

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thanks!:icon_thum I just stole er um.... copied your pics.:eusa_clap yeh thats it copied!:gar-Bi Ive needed to make one of these for some time and now I've had a vision on how to!:rotflm: funny how those visions come to me huh?:gar-La;

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
thanks!:icon_thum I just stole er um.... copied your pics.:eusa_clap yeh thats it copied!
Drogar-BigGrin%28DBG%29.gif
Ive needed to make one of these for some time and now I've had a vision on how to!:rotflm: funny how those visions come to me huh?
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

Funny - I had the same vision as Fred. This is a handy little jig. I'm glad I thought of it.:rotflm::rotflm:

Ernie

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Slick little device, Don. Thanks for posting the pics. This is one of those things that you may not need very often, but if you have one, it might prevent you from doing something foolish that results in a catastrophe. It's on my to-do list (much more important than the honey-do list!)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors