Shaving horse plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Info for those wanting shaving horse ideas:

Latest issue of American Woodworking Mag (#135 May 2008 ) has plans, instructions and cutlist for a knockdown shaving horse. Some different ideas than I have seen before.

Posted this due to the recurring nature of this subject.

Go

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Let me clarify:

I am not pushing the magazine or its contents. I was trying to give a specific reference for those that had googled "shaving horse plans" and got 73,000 hits. Takes a while to work through all that.

Go

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thanks for the heads up Mark.I'll try to find the mag.Been thinking about one of those.Just scarfed up a waterbed frame. From the side of the road:rotflm:. Ain't no shame in my game:gar-La;. But that will make a great bench. Don't know if if I can use one with my walking sticks:dontknow:. But just building it will give me some experience.:wsmile: THANKS, Robert

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
What do ya'll think about having a shaving horse workshop one weekend?

I have some heavy timbers I've been saving to make a few and plans for a couple different types. We could do it here or at a bigger shop if someone else will volunteer their shop.

I have a light weight knock apart horse that I take to demos. I'd like to make a heavy one to keep at the shop. Maybe big enough to use as a small work bench. I have pictures of a couple like that but no plans. Of course that never slowed me down before.

Anyway, who wants to get together and build shave horses?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
A bit far for me, but depending on the date, might be a player. As long as the weather's warm, I can sleep in the truck. I'm still learnin' 'bout all this neander stuff.

Go

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I will attend, if LOML doesn't have plans for me on the date of the how-to. I am on-call the weekend of April 12, and out of state the following week (rules out April 19).

J

jeff...

I think they call it a clipper shaving a horse is what you do with the clipper. I don't think you need much of a plan - just fire up the clipper and dive in, just watch out for the legs... one kick could be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors