Searching for an Opportunity? I look forward to connecting with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broyhill27

New User
James
Hello Everyone,

My name is James Broyhill and I'm new to NC Woodworkers. I'm glad I found you all.

I'm the founder of a custom furniture operation, Heritage Barrel Designs LLC.

I create furniture and home accents out of reclaimed whiskey/bourbon/wine barrels. As you may know, barrels are constructed from American/French White Oak.

What started as a weekend hobby, has spawned into quite the operation given the quality of my work and story behind it.

While I've never advertised to date, several local publications have done articles, along with state/national publications, i.e. Garden&Gun, Our State Magazine, showing recent interest, however, I've held off given the many orders already received.

Which leads me to the reason for this post:

I'm looking for someone within close proximity to Charlotte, NC with interest in helping me with several projects and potentially partnering to bring this concept to market.

To be very brief, I have material suppliers in KY,TN, NC, a working business plan, along with key relationships within the furniture industry.

While currently working on a website and other marketing material, please see the following link (also attached) for more info. Much has occured since this article was published: http://charlotteexclusive.com/<WBR>2012/homes/other-home-topics/<WBR>bloodline-in-a-barrel/

If interested, I'd enjoy meeting you, taking a look at your portfolio and viewing your shop if possible. I'm glad to offer the same on my end.

Please reply soon for I have several very interested, however, I have great need to find the right person for this position. I'm glad to set up a call at your convenience to discuss further as well.

All the Best,
James Broyhill

Attachments

• Article .jpg
    Article .jpg
    32 KB · Views: 173

DWSmith

New User
David
Neat idea! Shows real creativity. Welcome to the site and I hope you can find a partner to work with and bring this idea to the place you want it to be.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to our wood pile James. Their are many highly talented woodworkers hanging around here, and I hope you locate the right person to become involved in your business. Thanks for sharing with us.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
James,

Welcome to the forum. We have a New Member Chat session scheduled for Thursday Oct 11 at 8:00 pm. I hope you will be able to join us.

Steve H.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome. I'm sure that with the increasing popularity of NC as a wine producing state you'll have no trouble finding raw materials for your projects.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! That is quite an opportunity and I am sure you will find a match in this group. Meanwhile, jump on in and make some sawdust.

ReynoldsJay

New User
Jay
Good read in the article. Hope you find the right person to help you out. I thought you took my dog for the photo shoot as I have a black lab as well. How did the doghouse turn out?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the Virtual Dust Pile, James.

I wish you luck on your expansion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS