Screw Top Turned Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
I decided to try something different this weekend, a box with a screw on lid.
Once you see the photo's you'll get the idea of how I did it pretty quickly, Simple, but it works very well.

The wood is Mediterranian Myrtle, with Walnut to accent it. The Myrtle is apparently something of a rare find, very nice smell when turning it. Sort of a cross between Eucalyptus and Menthol.

Attachments

• P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 152
  • P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 170

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful! Neat way to do the threads. The Walnut really accents the Myrtle well. Very cool :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Cool, and only your plumber knows for sure.:lol: An accent in the square recess would really throw everyone a curve.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
not to critisize your work but I think it would look neat with a round piece of walnut glued to the inside of the top... It would cover up the plastic piece on the inside. No one would ever know where you got the thread part from....

JRD

New User
Jim
You folks have made a really good point......I may very well go back to the project and add an insert into the top of the PVC lid that will hide the square molded recess.

Thanks for the idea!

Jim

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Very cool! What is that white wood, holly? How did you turn the threads? :lol:
I agree with the suggestion about the inside of the cap as well. That would be a nice touch. Do you have a pic of the inside of the box itself? Just wondering how you did that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors