Scary Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
While looking at the site this morning, I decided to review the Viewers Online Dept. Some of you may not know that you can click on the" NCWWERS Online" area and see who - or what is viewing the site as well as where they are ON the site. Much of the guest area is filled with spiders & such (don't know much about them), but what really piqued my interest was the IP addresses of some Guests. I looked up a few and found viewers from Canada, China, Ukraine, as well as unknown locations. It's hard for me to believe that people from these far away places would have much legitimate interest in NC WWing.
Kudos to the Admins for keeping the site safe from ne'er do wells that may want to cause us harm from our back yard as well as across the waters. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They don't call it the World Wide Web for nothing. You would be surprised at how many registrations from other countries I've had to deny. Just did one today, and he sounded really sincere in his reason to join - "Dear people from NC Woodworking I'm a Spain woodworking lover and I have found your site searchin for woodshop furniture and clamps & sheet cart plans I know I do not meet your residency requirements but if it is possible I like to found any way to way to meet them.
I will send some pic's, plans an..."
I find it funny how many out of area and country registrants there are.
Spiders and crawler are parts of search engines looking for the information that people are searching for.
This site is full of great information that is valid outside of NC.

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sure is Scary!

Lucky for us, Dave is the guy at the door checking for a valid form of ID :)

Jim

cskipper

Cathy
Hey Dave, why do we keep in-actives in the registry? And post their B-days?
Joe

I think we decided once to keep inactives for a certain period of time, and no one ever culled the list. Re: birthdays, if I don't remember them by name, I look at their profile to see when last on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors